froyo for droid leaked

Spent a lot more time this morning reading MyDroidWorld posts RE froyo and all the bugs that people are having. They are just bitten with it more than me. I think I'll wait awhile before I try it out. I'm really only interested in maybe getting the touch screen to be a little more smooth and responsive and I'm interested in overclocking so I could improve speed of apps. I wish there was a place that I could see pics of the various ROMs that are out there so that I could judge for myself what looked the coolest too. In the meantime I'll keep up with what's going on over there...

Why can't we do 2.2 that Easy?
For this to work the file has to be "signed", i.e. specifically designed for your particular handset/Android flavour.
Only the carrier you got your handset from can "sign" the ROM (or Google for Nexus One).

Until this happens (if it is ever going to happen) you will never be able to do that. Rooting - with all the hoops - is the only way to try FroYo...

Diogen.

For this to work the file has to be "signed", i.e. specifically designed for your particular handset/Android flavour.
Only the carrier you got your handset from can "sign" the ROM (or Google for Nexus One).

Until this happens (if it is ever going to happen) you will never be able to do that. Rooting - with all the hoops - is the only way to try FroYo...

Diogen.
Very well said!:up

Why isn't there a easy way of installing 2.2 like there was for 2.1. With 2.1, I download a file called update.zip, put it on my SD card on my phone, Turned off the phone & turned it on while pressing power & X, until the "!" appeared. Then I pressed Volume up & the camera button at the same time & got to a update screen to do the update. That was EASY!

Why can't we do 2.2 that Easy?

Because this is not the OTA version; when Verizon drops the OTA version (NON-ROOTED) it will be like that.

It is really not hard to do the install. Just follow the directions to a T from Mydroid world.

HIFI and I got new Droid's today. Can someone give me a link so that I can figure out how to root our phones? Thank you in advance, as HIFI and I will probably be pestering y'all with questions soon. Should I start a new thread, or is it okay to just use this one? :)

HIFI and I got new Droid's today. Can someone give me a link so that I can figure out how to root our phones? Thank you in advance, as HIFI and I will probably be pestering y'all with questions soon. Should I start a new thread, or is it okay to just use this one? :)

Here is the best way to do it it my opinion. Here is why it has you download and install Moto Connect. This will all you to fix your phone should you ever get to what people believe is "Bricked".

It will roll you back to 2.01 and then to 2.1. When you roll to 2.01 and get the phone up and running do not install the OTA for 2.1. Follow the directions. This is very easy and quick.

How To: Root the Motorola Droid (Android 2.0.1 & 2.1) | The Unlockr

Hey, OT, but what is the best protection for a droid. Physical protection I mean. Screen protectors and covers/cases.

Here is the best way to do it it my opinion. Here is why it has you download and install Moto Connect. This will all you to fix your phone should you ever get to what people believe is "Bricked".

It will roll you back to 2.01 and then to 2.1. When you roll to 2.01 and get the phone up and running do not install the OTA for 2.1. Follow the directions. This is very easy and quick.

How To: Root the Motorola Droid (Android 2.0.1 & 2.1) | The Unlockr

Seems easy enough, but what is moto connect? I do not get much when I google it.

I tried that big dawg and have been trying to recover this phone ever since. I am not sure what I did wrong, but the darn thing will NOT activate now.

Ok, got it rooted, but now still cant activate it. ughhh

Go to mydroidworld.com and find the guide for froyo; it has directions for non-rooted.

I am a bit concerned though that since you are NOT on Verizon, that the directions might not work. They should, BUT I know that Milestone folks up in Canada have had some issues.

You might need to install RSDLite and the Moto drivers and use the recovery software to flash back to 2.1. I have only had to re-activate my phone once; when I flashed the new baseband.

Well, I am back to stock 2.1 but still can not activate. I noticed that my phone number on my phone is 00000479 (or somthing like that) after all of this. Is this normal?

Can I activate it online with my verizon account?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)