Frustrated in Fairbanks

Snootleather

Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
Fairbanks, Alaska
Frustrated in Fairbanks, 1 wire, 2 receivers!

Greetings from the Great White North!
Joined today in hopes of resolving our dish woes.
We just bought a house that is wired throughout with RG6, but only has a single line exiting the house. I understand that if I upgrade our current set up to include a dishpro LNB we should be able to connect to the single line and run that to our two receivers (301 & 510). Is this correct? If so, what equipment will I need?
It would be just as easy to contact an installer, but here they seem to be to busy to return calls, wont deal with me because they didnt install the system, or want $700+ for the install. So, it seems I am going to have to DIY this time around. We will only be aiming for 119, its going to be a pole mount appx. 100 ft away and either 40" or 48" dish (havent decided).
Any info you guys/gals can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings from the Great White North!
Welcome :wave I know its cold here in Minneapolis (windchill of zero)..probably much colder there

Joined today in hopes of resolving our dish woes.
We just bought a house that is wired throughout with RG6, but only has a single line exiting the house. I understand that if I upgrade our current set up to include a dishpro LNB we should be able to connect to the single line and run that to our two receivers (301 & 510). Is this correct? If so, what equipment will I need?
No. A DishProPlus LNB would allow you to run a single line to a dual tuner unit (721, 942, 522, 322, 625) and use a separartor, but you cannot run 2 separate receivers this way. You would need a line from the LNB to each of the receivers.

It would be just as easy to contact an installer, but here they seem to be to busy to return calls, wont deal with me because they didnt install the system, or want $700+ for the install. So, it seems I am going to have to DIY this time around. We will only be aiming for 119, its going to be a pole mount appx. 100 ft away and either 40" or 48" dish (havent decided).
Any info you guys/gals can offer would be greatly appreciated.
I know there are some other people in Alaska, so they might be able to chime in, but I think a 48” dish is common for 119.

But you would need a line from the LNB to each of the recevers.

Just one additional note to what Iceberg said. If you go with only pointing at the 119 satellite you will not get the extended EPG information for the 510 unit that you have. You'll only be able to see ahead for two days worth of programming and you'll likely be missing some other information. The extended information is all broadcast on the 110 satellite location. Just thought it'd be a good idea to let you know about that.

Ummm, the Alaska spotbeam is tp 9 on the 119.... and you will need a 1M dish and 1.8M dish for a decent dish 500 install, but it will require 2 cables from the dishes to the dist. point. You can run all the receivers you want with a single cable to the dish to the dist point, and you can even cascade splitters. Call Mike at Satellite Alaska, he can sell you all the parts you need, or set you up with a dealer in Fairbanks.

bob
its been tried before (there was a thread on it). Nothing mainly due to low signal (footprint might contribute but mainly the low signal)

That's crazy that Fairbanks is on a 110 spotbeam, what are they thinking? I haven't played with the 129 yet, I'm hoping to be able to pick it up on a 1.8M dish, but we will see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)