Status
Not open for further replies.

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
For sale a Denon AVR-1611 in like new condition. Asking for $140 shipped. Great for home theather sound and for listening to music. Includes remote control and microphone for setup.

More information about the receiver here:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-c37ks4Ht3U2/p_033AV1611/Denon-AVR-1611.html

image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg

Pardon my ignorance. If I run my Dish receiver signal into this unit through HDMI, then out on HDMI to the television, does this unit have to be turned on to watch Dish programming? Or, does this unit pass the signal through when powered down? Thanks.

I went and read the specs, but much of it is over my electronic head.

Likely needs to be on to do the pass through. However, I can't imagine why you would settle for the cruddy TV speakers once this was installed (with reasonable speakers)

Likely needs to be on to do the pass through. However, I can't imagine why you would settle for the cruddy TV speakers once this was installed (with reasonable speakers)

Thanks for your response, I fear you are correct.

Your imagination could use some sharpening. For one, I am considerate of my neighbors who like to sleep past 6 am. When I use my home theater, the subwoofer disturbs their rest. I like to watch the news in the early morning and don't need surround sound for it.

This receiver has HDMI pass through for one port, you can choose which port. The receiver does NOT need to be turned on to pass the Satellite signal for example. That's how I had it setup and turned the receiver on only if I wanted to use the full surround system.

This receiver has HDMI pass through for one port, you can choose which port. The receiver does NOT need to be turned on to pass the Satellite signal for example. That's how I had it setup and turned the receiver on only if I wanted to use the full surround system.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts