FS: Echostar, Dish network 3800 Receiver

bsg3000

Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
I'm selling my parents old receiver. They upgraded to DVR so this is of no use to them. The model # on back is 3800 Reg ID: 005. It comes with card, and is in working condition. The service was stopped on this just about two weeks ago. There are no scratches or anything, looks just like new. I don't have a camera but if you look at a stock photo of this model, this one would look exactly like it.

Price: Best offer
Shipping: umm $25 sounds good, I think there is a MailBoxes Etc. close by so UPS will probably be it. I can also go to the local post office and ship USPS parcel post. I don't know where to go for FEDEX though, or that DHL thing.

Buy it soon for $200 and I won't even ask for shipping cost. Send me a PM.

I can also post this on Amazon, or half.com if you prefer to buy it that way. I'm a reputed book seller on Amazon, user name: BESTDEALZ if you would like to check my feedback. Let me know what you prefer. Thanks.

well, I did say best offer didn't I. $200 was for free shipping. If you don't wanna buy it then don't post a message. I've seen these and even older ones go for $250 + shipping on ebay, so don't post links for ebay on something you found cheap. Just wait till these bids end, you'll see how high the price can go. I know how to use the search feature too and I too can type www.ebay.com in my address bar, and so can everyone else in this forum.

oh ok, I have no problem with you using it. Go ahead and "Buy It Now" for $125 from somebody on ebay.

Anybody else, the one I have is still for sale waiting for offers.

SOLD.

For $180, I made the shipping free. I guess your plan to ruin my sell didn't work. But I'm just wondering, don't you have something better to do than to look up stuff to bash other people? I suppose not!

Thats weird, I advertised a number of receivers on here before and couldnt even get $100 a peice for them. I guess they are going for higher now than what they were.

Sold for $180 but yet you post this on another site today?

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=33266

Posted: Today, 08:59 AM #1
chuch2002

"I'm selling my parents old receiver. They upgraded to DVR so this is of no use to them. The model # on back is 3800 Reg ID: 005. It comes with card, and is in working condition. The service was stopped on this just about two weeks ago. There are no scratches or anything, looks just like new. I don't have a camera but if you look at a stock photo of this model, this one would look exactly like it.

Price: Best offer
Shipping: umm $25 sounds good, I think there is a MailBoxes Etc. close by so UPS will probably be it. I can also go to the local post office and ship USPS parcel post. I don't know where to go for FEDEX though, or that DHL thing.

Send me a PM or email.

I can also post this on half.com if you prefer to buy it that way. I'm a reputed book seller on Amazon, user name: BESTDEALZ if you would like to check my feedback. Let me know what you prefer. Thanks."

Actually I have two, so I posted one on here and one on another site, and I sold one to some guy I met in a chatroom I'll probably be selling that one on ebay though in a few days if it doesn't sell for a good price.

I have done a lot of reading and see what has happened is that since directv did something to stop illegal theft of its signal, the value for all those directv receivers has gone way down. They are selling as paperweight now, which is the way dish network was before this. People couldn't sell mint dish network receivers for like $10, and it was relatively easy to find them anywhere. But since directv's crackdown, the hackers are now getting their tv from dish network.

Dish network is still using the same old technology on their old receivers so their prices have gone through the roof. The new receivers prevent the hacks but the old ones don't. So if you sell your old receiver for less than $100, then you were just taken advantage of.

bsg3000 said:
Actually I have two, so I posted one on here and one on another site, and I sold one to some guy I met in a chatroom I'll probably be selling that one on ebay though in a few days if it doesn't sell for a good price.

Oh, ok, it all makes sense now. I truely believe you. (wink wink)

If you can pass on to whoever you sold it too, tell them I have an 811 for sale for 729.99. I will also ship for free.

I don't understand all the thread crapping that takes place here. If you don't want to but it, don't buy it. Why not just leave the guy alone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts