FS: Satlook Digital NIT Meter/Spectrum Analyzer

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
I bought several items from an ex-installer last week, and this is one of the items that I am selling.

The installer bought this unit new, and it shows a manufacturing date of 6-6-2003, but it is like new. He only used it once for a data transmission setup and put it on the shelf in his closet. The reason I know his story is true is because all the cables were still in the original sealed plastic bags when I got it.

I flashed the firmware to the latest version and put a brand new quality battery in it. I have used it about 4 times in the past week just to get a feel for how it works. There isn't a scratch on it anywhere and it works flawlessly.

Here are the pictures I just took of the unit which includes everything it came with including the Nylon carrying case for it and and the cables. I even made up a 12' RG-6 cable with a quality BNC connector for the end that connects to the instrument.

satlook-digital-nit.jpg satlook-digital-nit-side-controls.jpg nylon-travel-case-work-case.jpg nylon-travel-case-cables.jpg

If you are looking for a Professional Instrument and are serious about hunting for feeds or precision installations, this is the unit you want.

I'm asking $625.00 shipped to anywhere in the Continental US. I will take Paypal or Visa or Mastercard credit card direct.

PM me if interested. The description and specifications are below.

The Satlook Digital is a Swedish made Sat-TV Instrument and Spectrum-Analyzer. The unit is made for exact alignment and adjustment of Satellite Dishes. It is intended for professional use when high accuracy and precise information are needed.

It's easily operated without a lot of unnecessary buttons and knobs. The basic functions are easy to get a hold on and takes only minutes to learn. This instrument is provided with a 4.5" B/W-monitor which either shows normal Sat-TV channel, the frequency spectrum 920-2150 MHz (or parts thereof) alt. Digital data. Menus/help-displays are shown on the LCD-screen (64x128) beside the monitor.

Analog Sat-TV channels can be tuned in and viewed upon (Multistandard Video PAL, NTSC and SECAM). Audio frequencies between 5.5-8.5 MHz can be listened to. The Spectrum can be extended (zoom in) for correct adjustment for the polarization ("cross-polarization"). The instrument has very high resolution and accuracy. It presents measured data _+2 dB (at around 20 C.)

SATLOOK Digital presents, under one of the sub menus. digital information like BER (bit error rate), constellation diagram (QPSK) and S/N (Signal/Noise Ratio). Satlook Digital can be handle a lot of memory-positions and both spectrum-pictures and certain frequencies can be saved (both analog and digital transponders).

The polarization of the LNB is switchable 13V/18V and Hi-Lo Band with 22 KHz-tone. The DISEQC-function controls all DISEQC-accessories (like switches, LNB's and actuators). The power of the instrument is supplies by a built in and rechargeable battery. Even though the instrument has lot of functions it is still very light and flexible.

Specifications:
· Input Frequency: 920-2150MHz (easily reduced to 250MHz max zoom in)
· Frequency Display: L.O. can be setup. Yes, IF default. All standard LNB
· Min. Level in: About 35 dBuV (noise).
· Max Level in: About 90 dBuV.
· Attenuation: 15 dB attenuator on/off.
· Display of signal level: (analogue) dB on LCD/monitor. Pitch-tone.
· Display of signal level: (Digital) S/N (signal/noise-ratio) BER (bit error rate) Constellation (QPSK)
· TV/Audio standard: Multi TV/Audio (PAL, NTSC, SECAM).
· KU- C-band: Yes, selectable.
· Audio bandwidth : Adjustable between 5.5 MHz and 8.5 MHz
· Input impedance: 75 Ohm, BNC-con.
· Picture-screen: 4.5"-monitor, B/W
· Menus: On LCD 64x128.
· Memory: 100 spectrum pictures can be stored with name. Stored spectrum can be mixed for easy identification of satellite.-"Max hold" function.
· Favorite channels: Both analogue and digital frequencies can be stored (with name). Simultaneous measuring of up to 10 channels at the same time. Each channel with individual setup of 13/18v and 22 kHz on/off.
· PC-connection: Yes, RS232-output
· Power out: Yes, 13-18V
· 22 kHz tone: Yes, on/off.
· DiSEqC: Yes, all 1.0 and 1.1. Also Tone burst on/off.
· DiSEqC actuator: Built in positioner for DiSEqC 1.2, SatScan and SatSelect.
· Battery: Rechargeable 12V, 3.5 amp/hour.
· Operational: About 1 hour on a fully charged battery.
· Weight: About 5 kg (11 lbs) including battery.
· Accessories: Nylon carrying-case.
· Power-supply: 100-240V/50/60Hz 13.5V,1.7 Amp.
· Car-charger.
· BNC/F-adapter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)