fsck cause: 1

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
I'm going to assume that fsck means the same thing as it does on Unix. My receiver is currently showing on counter 38, "fsck: 06-23-06 4:00 am", and on counter 39, "fsck cause: 1". Does anyone know what Cause 1 is? Since it occurred at exactly 4 AM I'm hoping it's a normal event. I had some power glitches last night but they were in the evening and the receiver didn't seem to notice.

Jim S. said:
I'm going to assume that fsck means the same thing as it does on Unix. My receiver is currently showing on counter 38, "fsck: 06-23-06 4:00 am", and on counter 39, "fsck cause: 1". Does anyone know what Cause 1 is? Since it occurred at exactly 4 AM I'm hoping it's a normal event. I had some power glitches last night but they were in the evening and the receiver didn't seem to notice.

It's a normal event runs every night when your receiver updates itself with program guide info.

Cheers,
Sam

FSCK stands for File System Check, and the cause :1 stands for regular nightly checkup. It states the date and time when it did it. If it's something other than :1 then this is a sign for beginning corruption of the HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)