FSN in HD anytime soon?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jpense

Original poster
Sep 23, 2006
Hey guys, first post....

I notice when ESPN HD shows highlights of games on the FSN local networks, they are often in HD format. Any news on when these will be available on DISH or is it a "where you live" issue like the local HDs? I live in St. Louis, have the DISH 1000 plus, and have the locals in high def. Anyone got any news for me? Thanks in advace!

Oh, also any news on if/when the "CW" networks will be available in HD? Thanks again....

jpense

jpense said:
Hey guys, first post....

I notice when ESPN HD shows highlights of games on the FSN local networks, they are often in HD format. Any news on when these will be available on DISH or is it a "where you live" issue like the local HDs? I live in St. Louis, have the DISH 1000 plus, and have the locals in high def. Anyone got any news for me? Thanks in advace!

Oh, also any news on if/when the "CW" networks will be available in HD? Thanks again....

jpense

I've been awaiting HD FSN as well. It would really be nice seeing the Cardinals in HD on a regular basis. Mizzou as well.

FSN Midwest isn't one of them. So it might be awhile. I think that their on cable in St. Louis in HD.

jpense said:
Hey guys, first post....

jpense

Welcome to SatelliteGuys jpense!

Alas, patience is a virtue with E*. They are uplinked, and the E* folks in Denver at the CEDIA reception seem excited about it, so it should be sometime soon.

rockymtnhigh said:
Welcome to SatelliteGuys jpense!

Alas, patience is a virtue with E*. They are uplinked, and the E* folks in Denver at the CEDIA reception seem excited about it, so it should be sometime soon.

They also seemed excited about INHD;)

bigdaddy10 said:
I've been awaiting HD FSN as well. It would really be nice seeing the Cardinals in HD on a regular basis. Mizzou as well.

Here in Indiana it is now FSN INDIANA and not FSN Midwest, anymore. Maybe there is no longer a FSN Midwest or at least for IN viewers?

At Team Summit this year they said they would have the top markets HD-FSN's up by the end of the year. It was 15 markets or so, don't remember exactly. Seattle which is 19th(I think) wasn't one of them.

Brad

They said "very soon" on a tech chat which seems like at least a month ago. It was before college football started. I am not holding my breath on that now. I thought very soon meant a week or two. WRONG

Has anyone heard if they are absolutely NOT going to mirror all the FSN-HD channels at both 61.5 and 129? If FOXSW-HD is only going to be on 129, I'll have to swing one of my dishes around.

Last edited:
Widescreen said:
Has anyone heard if they are absolutely NOT going to mirror all the FSN-HD channels at both 61.5 and 129? If FOXSW-HD is only going to be on 129, I'll have to swing one of my dishes around.

I haven't seen that anywhere. What makes you think this and why would they do that anyway?

Currently some of the regional HD's are uplinked to 61.5 and others are uplinked to 129. They are not currently mirroring so I was asking if anyone has heard a policy indicating that they will not mirror all these channels. I currently get good signals at 61.5 and I'm leery about swinging over to 129 just for 1 channel but I will if I have to.

Widescreen said:
Currently some of the regional HD's are uplinked to 61.5 and others are uplinked to 129. They are not currently mirroring so I was asking if anyone has heard a policy indicating that they will not mirror all these channels. I currently get good signals at 61.5 and I'm leery about swinging over to 129 just for 1 channel but I will if I have to.

I doubt they will mirror them.... It will be one or the other!

Yea, I am on the west coast but pointed at 61.5. Most in my area use 129. Guess I may have to turn the dish to 129. How hard is that to do by myself? I could probably wrangle another Dish visit somehow. Too bad really, I get a good signal on 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)