FSN Norhwest

hawks05

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Moscow,ID
Does anyone know why Dish is blocking out my NBA teams's games on FSN Northwest? I had been receiving until two weeks ago and then they went black. Any explanation.
Thanks
MC

You aren't in any home market for NBA teams neither the trailblazers or sonics.

Are you sure you had them before? Did you just get dish? Cause the only way I can see that you saw the games were through the NBA LP free preview a couple weeks ago on 572, is that what you were watching?

I have had Dish since December 04 and watched every game until last Tuesday. I have seen 28 games on FSN and then the free preview got ran and once that ended the games got blacked out. Also, some friends of mine have had Dish the whole season and they had been watching all the games and then they got blacked out. Thansk for the help so far. It is strange.

Interesting, no NBA for DirecTV either with that ZIP code. A true NBA "white area". If you were seeing games before, it was a mistake.

I had DirecTV at the start of the season and was getting the games. A month and a half in they starting blacking them out. I called DirecTV and they had no idea what was going on. Some friends of my had Dish and were getting the games, so I made the switch. I could get the games if I went through my local cable provider, but I will not do that. The weird thing is that I get all the Mariner games and have gotten them for years. Also, if I goto DirecTV's website and enter my zip code to see what my local sports teams are it lists the Mariners and Sonics. Thanks for all the info.
MC

Do you think that I should call Dish and find out what they think? I e-mailed them last week and I have gotten no answers. My previous e-mail questions were answerd in about a day.
MC

Hello-

I work for FSN. Here is the unfortunate tale of what happened. NBA regulations prohibit the "home" team feed from airing outside of a 75 mile radius from the home city. FSN is not allowed to provide the Sonics games to cable companies in places like Yakima or Spokane. The NBA requires Dish network to do a zip code by zip code audit and black out the games to people within the zipcodes where the games can't air. Dish didn't get around to doing that audit until mid January. SO, that meant that thousands of people were getting the games illegally for the first half of the season.

The reason they black these games out is that they want you to purchase the NBA league pass. I know that's a tough pill to swallow.

Also, if you are able to receive PAX from Spokane (UHF34), they air all of the games on a seperate contract that FSN does, so you can get the games that way. I know that station isn't available as a local on Dish, but you might be able to try an antenna. For our friends in Yakima and Tri-Cities, there are stations in those markets that also carry the games.

Sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, but you could say you got a half-season of games for free.

PS- Major League Baseball requirements are different, so everyone gets to see the Mariners this summer... 147 games on FSN!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts