FSN other than local area?

DocSamson

May 12, 2007
Just to be 100% sure on this: I moved to Indiana, and getting the sports package with FSN Detroit in it WON'T let me see the pro (Pistons, Tigers, etc.) games correct? What would be the point of ever getting that then?
Thanks.

That is correct, most major league and/or games that are available as part of a subscription package (Center Ice, NBA League Pass, etc.) will be blacked out on the RSNs. I have the sports package and as a hockey fan I love to watch the post game shows as well as college/high school/minor/junior hockey. Not that there is a ton on, but its worth it. Plus I can watch the replays of the games that I miss; I do have Center Ice, but not nearly enough televisions :)

Plus some college sports events, minor league sports, arena football, indoor lacrosse (which is why I pick it up for 4 months of the year), and if you're lucky you get the end of NHL games that run longer than their alloted time slots.

Just to be 100% sure on this: I moved to Indiana, and getting the sports package with FSN Detroit in it WON'T let me see the pro (Pistons, Tigers, etc.) games correct? What would be the point of ever getting that then?
Thanks.

I am more of a fan of college football and college backetball then on the professional level, and it is great for seeing "out of market" games. Occasionally you will get some of the games that are supposed to be just for ESPN Full Court and ESPN Gameplan.

What is the deal with sports pack? I've been a sub over a year and looking at dishnetwork.com, I don't see how the sports pack would be sold to me if I wanted it.

I've had just the AT100 (not the "PLUS"). Does upgrading to AT100 PLUS give me the AT100 channels plus my locals plus just my local RSN?

Or does it give me the AT100 channels, my locals, and all RSN's with out of region pro sports blacked out?

What is the deal with sports pack? I've been a sub over a year and looking at dishnetwork.com, I don't see how the sports pack would be sold to me if I wanted it.

I've had just the AT100 (not the "PLUS"). Does upgrading to AT100 PLUS give me the AT100 channels plus my locals plus just my local RSN?

Or does it give me the AT100 channels, my locals, and all RSN's with out of region pro sports blacked out?

Yes that is how it works. You need the plus to get your local FSN only you will not get the out of market FSS or the sports package.
I know my daughter had AT100 and could not get her FSN which
really pissed off her sons so she had to buy the plus package.
Once you get the plus you can buy the sports package.

Depending on where in Indiana you live (I'm thinking NW Inidana), the Tigers / Red Wings / Pistons *could* claim your territory and you *could* be able to see those games with Multi-Sport.

I'd refer you to dish.fxep.com for more info, but that site now requires a UserID and PW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)