FSN south (420) vs Fox south HD (370)

woljr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
With the recent announcement By Dish that FSN south Hd was now on the air I felt that this meant that the Braves games on FSN south would be in HD. However, last night's Braves game was on FSN south (420) and was not in HD. Fox South HD (370) was off the air. Are both these staions owned by FOX ??? :( :( :(
I fail to understand what is going on since the games are being televised locally(OTA) on TBS in HD. Someone please explain.

Yeah, I have been someone frustrated about that...but there is hope. The next four FSN South Braves games are in HD. The best place to check, since they recently updated their schedule, is the schedule on the braves website (My last count I saw 11 games that would be aired in HD on FSN this year, and that number will definately be going up next year). If it is in HD the channel it is on will say FSN-HD.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=atl

I am down about 100 miles south of Atlanta, so the OTA TBS in HD is pretty much a no go, unless I get a bigger antenna. But, I am not to worried about it since next year pretty much none of the games will be on TBS. I am just hoping they get SportSouth in HD on Dish soon and SportsSouth starts putting out an hd signal.

My guess is that Fox didn't have HD cameras at the game, so it wasn't in HD. This is just a hunch, but since TBS had HD cams there, perhaps Fox determined it was best to put their HD cams elsewhere, to get more HD bang for the HD buck so to speak.

From what I understand, E* will only broadcast RSN-HD games if they are truly HD, not SD playing on an HD channel (which I am assuming what was showing on FSNS last night).

For some reason, the TBS games have not been broadcast in HD this season. I have been receiving them OTA since last season.

I don't know what the problem is. I've noticed some of the cameras by the dugout have "HD" on the side of them, but it is definitely not being broadcast. I really enjoyed the HD last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)