Ft Smith AR HD locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

daveray

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 19, 2004
Gravette AR
Ft Smith locals were uplinked NA on 02-25-09 on 129 Tran 3.
My signal strengths are
61.5 21 54%
110 21 70%
119 21 75%
129 3 Tran 60 Spotbeam 20%
I have a 1000.2 and a wing dish at 61.5.

1. Will the signal strength go up when the locals are made available?
2. If not can I point a 30" dish at 129 with the 1000.2 in place or will I have
to put up a 500 for 110 119?
3. Any other ideas?

i don't have the same setup as you do, i have a 500 pointing at 110, 119 with just about the same numbers as yours on the signal meter. mid to low 70's for mine. when i first got dish installed they set me up with a wing dish 300 for 61.5. when the fort smith locals were uplinked, i turned my 300 to 129 to be ready when they turned them on. my signal strength for it is 50 or so. not sure yours will come in very well, is it in the green?

unless you absolutely need 61.5, you could swing your wing around as well and use it for 129. you will need to cover the 129 lnb on your 1000 dish though.

i wish they would turn them on though, tired of waiting. i have contacted all the stations and they all say that the ball is in dish's court. they all claim to be sending dish their hd signal already, just waiting for dish to flip the switch.

good luck

Does anyone know the answer to this?
Once the a local is uplinked, how long does it take to make it available?
I saw that my local FOX was uplinked yesterday.

5153(23) - WPFO [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 09 Area 6 beam (NA)(Waterville, ME-FOX)

Does anyone know the answer to this?
Once the a local is uplinked, how long does it take to make it available?
I saw that my local FOX was uplinked yesterday.

5153(23) - WPFO [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 09 Area 6 beam (NA)(Waterville, ME-FOX)

Those entries in the uplink report are just table entries/placeholders not actual uplinks. Sometimes E* announces their HD local additions schedule in advance. They've gone through the previously announced ones and we're in the next group. Ft. Smith should be fairly soon if they keep to schedule. Check back here on Wednesdays. It is generally known by then what markets are going to be launched later in the afternoon. Sometimes the local stations make an announcement on their newscasts. Once the actual uplink is made the stations are immediately available if you have an HD package, are subscribed to locals, and an antenna pointed at the right satellite. Also check DISH Network (dishnetwork) on Twitter on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Last edited:
i'm going to guess that it will be either next week or probably the week after that they may be turned on. i was looking back at uplinks and when they actually turned on the channels for other markets and it looked to be about an 8 week or so time in between them. just a guess on my part, i know nothing for sure. lol

i don't have the same setup as you do, i have a 500 pointing at 110, 119 with just about the same numbers as yours on the signal meter. mid to low 70's for mine. when i first got dish installed they set me up with a wing dish 300 for 61.5. when the fort smith locals were uplinked, i turned my 300 to 129 to be ready when they turned them on. my signal strength for it is 50 or so. not sure yours will come in very well, is it in the green?

unless you absolutely need 61.5, you could swing your wing around as well and use it for 129. you will need to cover the 129 lnb on your 1000 dish though.

i wish they would turn them on though, tired of waiting. i have contacted all the stations and they all say that the ball is in dish's court. they all claim to be sending dish their hd signal already, just waiting for dish to flip the switch.

good luck

I checked the signal this morning and it was at 25% on 129 trans. 3, I did cover the 129 on the dish 1000.2 yesterday and lost all signal from all sats.
I am out of town until Sun. My dish is in the very NW corner of AR, I am out side of the footprint on the Ft Smith spotbeam map.

I checked the signal this morning and it was at 25% on 129 trans. 3, I did cover the 129 on the dish 1000.2 yesterday and lost all signal from all sats.
I am out of town until Sun. My dish is in the very NW corner of AR, I am out side of the footprint on the Ft Smith spotbeam map.

Here is a link to a post about moving a dish from 61.5 to 129. since i don't have a 1000.2 plus a 500 i really can't tell you exactly what to do. i would think you would need to disconnect all the lnbs, run checkswitch to clear the switch matrix, then reconnect all the lnbs except the 129 on your 1000.2 then fine tune your 500 dish on 129. run checkswitch again and you should be good. anyone else have a better idea? i may be wrong but i believe that is the right thing there.

you do look like you might be a little out of the footprint, if the 500 doesn't get it for you, you might look into a 30" dish, maybe larger. not too sure of that either.

hope you get it all figured out.

Here is a link to a post about moving a dish from 61.5 to 129. since i don't have a 1000.2 plus a 500 i really can't tell you exactly what to do. i would think you would need to disconnect all the lnbs, run checkswitch to clear the switch matrix, then reconnect all the lnbs except the 129 on your 1000.2 then fine tune your 500 dish on 129. run checkswitch again and you should be good. anyone else have a better idea? i may be wrong but i believe that is the right thing there.

you do look like you might be a little out of the footprint, if the 500 doesn't get it for you, you might look into a 30" dish, maybe larger. not too sure of that either.

hope you get it all figured out.

The 1000.2 dish has a switch on the LNB head the three wires out go to my recievers. I have the look angles and can find 129 with a 30" wing dish, but that gives me 2 129 locations and the recievers do not like that after I do a switch check.

The 1000.2 dish has a switch on the LNB head the three wires out go to my recievers. I have the look angles and can find 129 with a 30" wing dish, but that gives me 2 129 locations and the recievers do not like that after I do a switch check.

You'll have to foil over the 129 LNB on the 1000.2 LNB assembly to use the 30-incher pointed at 129W plugged into the 1000.2. It'd be the leftmost LNB as you stand behind the dish.

i'm going to guess that it will be either next week or probably the week after that they may be turned on. i was looking back at uplinks and when they actually turned on the channels for other markets and it looked to be about an 8 week or so time in between them. just a guess on my part, i know nothing for sure. lol

well my guess was pretty good, april 22nd is the date for our locals to be turned on. hope all goes well and they get them lit up that day and all 4 for that matter.

I did get my 30" dish going Friday by following directions from another post on this forum. I hooked only the 30" dish to my receiver and did a switch check peaked on 129, hooked the 1000.2 up with the 129 lnb covered did a switch check and it is working good now, On 129 21 signal went from 75% to 89% on 129 spotbeam 3 I went from 20% to 35% this is were my locals will be soon.
It is raining hard now and my signal is still at 30%. I hope the signal will go up some when they launch the locals if not I will be in better shape than most in extreme NW Arkansas.

I did get my 30" dish going Friday by following directions from another post on this forum. I hooked only the 30" dish to my receiver and did a switch check peaked on 129, hooked the 1000.2 up with the 129 lnb covered did a switch check and it is working good now, On 129 21 signal went from 75% to 89% on 129 spotbeam 3 I went from 20% to 35% this is were my locals will be soon.
It is raining hard now and my signal is still at 30%. I hope the signal will go up some when they launch the locals if not I will be in better shape than most in extreme NW Arkansas.

hmmmm, i figured with your 30" dish it would have gotten better than that. you must be right on the outermost edge of the beam. well you will know how good it will be in about a week. hope it will work out for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts