fta equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gmac63

Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Hi All:

Being new to FTA I am in need of some advice on equipment. I do have an FTA Receiver Coolsat 5000 Platinum. I live in Canada in the Kootenays of BC approx. 15 min. drive to the State of Idaho Border the towns close by are Bonners Ferry Idaho and Sandpoint. I have been trying to find out what FTA dish and lnb I should use also is a dish motor wise. What I have been told so far I should use a 30in. dish or better. That's about where I am at. I would appreciate any come-backs on dishes and whatever equipment I would need to set up.

Regards
gmac63

welcome :wave

Kootenay...home of the Ice (I've seen the WHL games in my Starchoice guide) :)

Yes you would need at least a 76cm dish or greater. Being as far North as you are (I'm at 45N myself in Minneapolis) you might want to get a 90cm dish.

Iceberg:

Thanks for the quick comeback. Now I am getting somewhere.

Appreciate
gmac63

I'd go with the 36" dish, they are the best cost vs. performance deal, and they usually ship for about the same as the 30" dishes. Anything above 36" is very expensive to ship.

For the LNBF, I'd go with a standard... either single or dual output, depending upon how many receivers you want to hook up. A nice LNBF is the Invacom Quad, since it can receive both Ku linear and DBS circular birds, and is a standard. I'd personally avoid a universal, since they really aren't needed on this side of the world, and they prevent you from using 22k switching in your setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.