FTA: Fine Entertainment!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drboyddrboyd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
US
So, last night we had one of my wife's girlfriends over for dinner. We watched the ball game a little after the meal. Then when the ball game ended, I showed off some of the FTA channels. She was all like "ooohh!" and "aaaah!" about Saudi TV and Asian shows in whatever language.

And as I continued to flip through channels, I came on a video taken in some third world country. Here's the scene - the camera shows a couple of monkeys tied onto the side of a bicycle or motorcycle. Some guy reaches over and cuts one of the monkeys down, and it falls into a metal pan.

At this point, it becomes apparent that the monkey is dead. Unintelligible dialogue for a couple seconds, then a rubber-gloved hand appears from the right hand side of the screen. The forefinger of said hand extends, and the finger is inserted into the dead monkey's...... well, let's just say it was between the monkey's waist and his knees.

:eek:

At this point, my wife screams, her friend covers her face and gasps, and I quickly change the channel. The topic of the rude treatment accorded this poor monkey, needless to say, became a topic of conversation for quite some time.

I'm tellin' ya' folks, you can't buy this kind of fine entertainment just anywhere!!:D

Man, when you started with "wife's girlfriend came over", I thought this was going to be PH Forum letter territory........ :eek:

disappointing, to say the least. ;)

One thing for sure there's stuff on FTA you'll not see anywhere else lol...I love the camel races when I can catch them. Never knew a camel could run 40 MPH.... Blind

Sounds utilitarian, not abusive.... After all, the monkey was deceased... And there was a rubber glove...

By the way, what satellite and channel was that?

:yikes

Some of the feeds are funny when the newsman is practicing what he's going to say in a few minutes live. They keep repeating what they want to say and keep looking at their notes and the camera.

And the camera man zooming in and out as fast as light to check his equipment.

So, last night we had one of my wife's girlfriends over for dinner. We watched the ball game a little after the meal. Then when the ball game ended, I showed off some of the FTA channels. She was all like "ooohh!" and "aaaah!" about Saudi TV and Asian shows in whatever language.

And as I continued to flip through channels, I came on a video taken in some third world country. Here's the scene - the camera shows a couple of monkeys tied onto the side of a bicycle or motorcycle. Some guy reaches over and cuts one of the monkeys down, and it falls into a metal pan.

At this point, it becomes apparent that the monkey is dead. Unintelligible dialogue for a couple seconds, then a rubber-gloved hand appears from the right hand side of the screen. The forefinger of said hand extends, and the finger is inserted into the dead monkey's...... well, let's just say it was between the monkey's waist and his knees.

:eek:

At this point, my wife screams, her friend covers her face and gasps, and I quickly change the channel. The topic of the rude treatment accorded this poor monkey, needless to say, became a topic of conversation for quite some time.

I'm tellin' ya' folks, you can't buy this kind of fine entertainment just anywhere!!:D

I have to steer clear of frogs for my wife.

Some of the feeds are funny when the newsman is practicing what he's going to say in a few minutes live. They keep repeating what they want to say and keep looking at their notes and the camera.

And the camera man zooming in and out as fast as light to check his equipment.

thats so true. I found a news feed from texas last night. It was on 58w I do not know how I hit it since my dish didnt really move. It came in clear it was a women going through notes and the echo was bothering her she said. funny stuff

Sorry! I flipped the channel pretty fast and the ensuing chatter took my mind off the whole thing....

Sounds utilitarian, not abusive.... After all, the monkey was deceased... And there was a rubber glove...

By the way, what satellite and channel was that?

:yikes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)