FTa getting AMC 4 for RTPi (Help)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gambler0072000

Original poster
Nov 19, 2005
Hi Guys
I just got a fortec star lifetime ultra, with a 36 inch fortec dish, lnbf universal ,single lnbf fsku-v rf 10.7-12.75 lo 9.75-10.60 nfo .4db,, when I do a tp scan I get 0 programs, I have no channel list , I select amc 4 and no list with any satelittes, what am I doing wrong, I ve been on this for 3 weeks???

ps: Its always on 49% , tried all scans always nothing!! Also tells me no tp found or 0 programs!!!

It sounds like your not pointing right at the bird to me, or something is blocking your line of site to the bird.

Curious, what is always on 49%?? If it's the level/signal, then don't pay attention to that. What matters is the QUALITY percentage.

Where are you located? Maybe we can get an idea of what your elevation and azmiuth should be.

amc4

im located in mtl canada, 49% quality, i got elevation of 31 and azimuth 215, what quality percentage do I need it at? and why not even a channel list?

dazed and confused

thanks for the replies guys

First off, are there any live TPs on your list?

You should have a reflection level and a quality level….. I am guessing that you are seeing a reflection level as if it was a real quality level then you should have some transponder on there giving you some channels or something.

Make sure you are right on the dish that you are selecting... and then when you do your blind or smart scan/search you should come up with something…. And remember, if you’re on the wrong bird and do a scan with AMC4 selected then the wrong transponders will show up…. The transponders on the bird that you are pointed at will show up on AMC4.

What would be good is if someone gave you a DF and SR of a live transponder so that you can enter it manually and aim with that.

You don't get stronger quality on this transponder than that. That's what i'm getting with my fortec too, other receivers may show a higher level, what matters is a stable picture and so far i have no freezing.

FYI i have played with the dish any way i could with no success to improve the signal/quality. As you may know every lnb gives a different readings even every receiver gives a different reading, you may have one which gives you a high signal.
It is always a good idea, if the person post his/her setup, this way it is a lot easy to compare the settings with ours and try to finf the best solution.

amc4

me too now have 88% 78% after tweaking my dish, was at 50% for 3 weeks and finally got the sat, by moving it centimetre by centimeter, now all i need is a channel list

With the Fortec, you can simply Power Scan, and you'll have a channel list set for you! You may have to manually add one or two (FOX never scans automatically for me).

Here's an online channel list:
http://www.lyngsat.com/amc4.html

Anything on the list 11708V and higher numbered is Ku. Anything light-tanned (check the key at the bottom) and labeled DVB is Free-To-Air and unscrambled.

Still, do a Power Scan first, and see what comes up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)