FTA in a motorhome

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CROSSBOLT

Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
I picked up sats 101.110 and 119 on an 18" Winegard and a Hughes Direct TV receiver. Got good sig strength on various transponders but of course the default xpndr is 06. The fact I used the sat finder and nailed these things was encouraging and fun! But I wanna see a picture and hear some sound.

I can probably adapt a 30" dish to this mount and maybe adapt a whole motorised set-up. I also could go tripod. The receiver has got me stumped as I cannot decode what y'all are saying yet.

Is there anybody in the Foley, AL area that has an up and running FTA I could look at? This would be educational and may clear up some real cobwebs.

Karl

For FTA channels you'll need an FTA receiver. The DirecTV receiver is useless for FTA. An FTA receiver can pick up the Free To Air channels on various satellites. You will need a 30" dish or so for most of the channels. You can find FTA receivers at many of the advertisers at the top of the page or elsewhere if you want to search for them.

I would think the "stub" mount is the way to go for a portable setup... Looks pretty easy to build and inexpensive, taboot..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)