FTA Installation - Would like a bit of help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvdxer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
Hello. I recently purchased a FTA setup (from Sadoun) consisting of an 80cm Fortec Star dish, 0.5 dB Fortec Star Universal LNB, Fortec Lifetime Ultra receiver, generic satellite strength meter, and STAB HH-120 H-H motor. I have the installation mostly together now, the motor running and all, except for one step (other than having to run it to my room). I need to set the elevation. I believe I set it to 23° using the formula provided by the H-H manufacturer/Sadoun website and my latitude, which isn't a problem. I did move the dish to IA-6 (93° W as opposed to my 92.3° W longitude). Do I need to move it back to 92.3° W to use the 23° elevation setting? How would I accomplish this (by creating a dummy satellite)? Thanks!

At this point I would just stick to the settings you have right now if you are sure you are right, the satellite meter will not work with the universal LNBF so if you are using that to search for the satellite switch over to using the TV and the antenna set up screen to watch for signal quality, on IA6 I would use the below channel/TP to search for quality....

ABC News Now

12042 Mhz
V
3.979 Msps

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)