FTA Italian stations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TTTTVVVV

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
I'm helping a friend of mine set up a KU dish. He first just wanted to be able to receive PBS. but now he's talking about wanting Italian stations.

Does any one know of any Italian stations. I looked on LyngSat and found this.

Intelsat 3R 43.1W 12050 H. Can that be picked up in North America?

Thanks
Rick

I'm helping a friend of mine set up a KU dish. He first just wanted to be able to receive PBS. but now he's talking about wanting Italian stations.

Thanks
Rick

yep they can be received in North America was getting them fine before the trees turned green again waiting for the leaves to fall so we can get it again.:)

Thanks
Rick

Well if you're planning on watching both PBS and the Italian Channels on 43.0 west , it would be good to motorize your dish .

One word of warning , the Italian channels have come and gone in the past , last year it was a network called Mediterraneo Sat with about 4 channels , lasted several months and then dissapeared , now there are several different NEW channels from Italy , just rememeber FTA doesn't mean that it will be permanent , all we can do is cross our fingers and hope that they are FTA for a long time.

With that said , FTA is still a wonderfull experience which many members here will agree on.

Well if you're planning on watching both PBS and the Italian Channels on 43.0 west , it would be good to motorize your dish .

One word of warning , the Italian channels have come and gone in the past , last year it was a network called Mediterraneo Sat with about 4 channels , lasted several months and then dissapeared , now there are several different NEW channels from Italy , just rememeber FTA doesn't mean that it will be permanent , all we can do is cross our fingers and hope that they are FTA for a long time.

With that said , FTA is still a wonderfull experience which many members here will agree on.

That's a good point but my friends a real cheap son of a gun. He won't be spending much money on this project. So if they don't last he'll just point is dish someplace else.

FWIW I've been able to just so barely get it here in Phoenix, AZ. It's REAL low in the sky for me (8.8 degrees elevation).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)