FTA Local Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kalrida

Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
Abilene, TX
Ok, here's my dilemma. I have DirecTV but I live in a market that the local cable company (hated) won't give them permission to broadcast local channels. So I bought a Kworld DVB-S 100. Is there any way I can receive the original terrestrial channels (ABC, CBS, NBC) from ANYWHERE through this card without turning my dish? I don't want to give up my NFL package on DTV. If there is anyone out there that can help me with this I would be forever in your debt. :D Thank you!

For OTA in the US you need an ATSC card. The MyHD is a good ATSC card. It has the advantage of having an onboard hardware Mpeg2 decoder which can handle 4:2:0 HD at ATSC bitrates. Actually it can even play back some higher bitrate 4:2:0 HD streams. Anyway, it will take a good bit off load off your main CPU especially if you have an older systems.

Kalrida said:
Is there any way I can receive the original terrestrial channels (ABC, CBS, NBC) from ANYWHERE through this card without turning my dish?

No.
At a minimum you'll need to add a bigger dish and point it to a different satellite.

Or you'll need to put up an antenna to receive them OTA.

Now, if you were looking for hacking information, this is not the place to be.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)