FTA noobie seeking advice on first receiver/dish/lnb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

satnoobe

Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
GA
I've done some homework and figured out what is required to receive these FTA signals. Dish, lnb, receiver, etc. This will be my first setup so i'm wondering what components I should buy. My requirements for a receiver is that it must have blindscan, capable of receiving Mpeg4, have hdmi output, must have some type of pvr capability optical audio and multiple dvb-t tuner would be preferred but not essential. I'm probably looking for between a 36" and 39" dish.

DVBT is not used in North America.so scratch that one off the list of requirements. If you are looking for a receiver for over the air terrestrial DTV, the ATSC format is used in North America instead of the worldwide DVBT standard.

I meant DVB-S satellite instead of DVB-T terrestrial. I'm not looking for ATSC converter box. I already have a tv with atsc tuner.

When somebody gives a good technical answer, we're quiet 'cause the best answer has been given.
But since you asked for an opinion, maybe you would like more input.

Each year better equipment hits the market.
At this time, the system recommended by my two esteemed colleagues above,
is the leading choice. I would steer you to it, too.

Once you are up, operational, and want to move forward,
then maybe some additions would be in order.
We can address 'em at that time.
But, the first step is getting a signal & learning both your receiver & the rules of FTA.
It's a fascinating hobby and good source of entertainment.

sent from iPhone 4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)