FTA on ANIK F1R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I`m wanting to get set up for StarChoice but before purchasing a receiver and subscription I would like to be sure my Winegard antenna will give me good reception for the Detroit and Seattle locals. Is there any FTA on F1R which I can pick up with either My CoolSat 5000 or DSR-922? It`s not practical for me to add another dish for this service.

Well honestly the 922 would work just fine to test. If I remember right, it shouldnt have the issue with the maps that the 920 does (hope someone corrects me)

F1 (107.3) channel 354 is in the clear (Knowledge TV)..also 392, 825 & 828 are free too

Are you taking the SD feeds or HD feeds? I use to have a Primestar on AnikF2 (111.1) and it worked fine but upgraded to a 1.2m for the HD channels.

Ice: I`m just interested in the SD US & Canadain locals. Once I confirm my Winegard will give me good reception, I`ll PM you to implement service & receiver.

Well honestly the 922 would work just fine to test. If I remember right, it shouldnt have the issue with the maps that the 920 does (hope someone corrects me)

F1 (107.3) channel 354 is in the clear (Knowledge TV)..also 392, 825 & 828 are free too

Are you taking the SD feeds or HD feeds? I use to have a Primestar on AnikF2 (111.1) and it worked fine but upgraded to a 1.2m for the HD channels.

Wasn't that a 922 Smitty trashed a while back Tony? I thought it was all 4D's except a 905. I also thought it was any Canuk bird DCII signal until you told me Ku band only. All I know is my 922 still is not "allowed" to stop on those slots, even though I dont have any Ku feed to it.
AFAIK know the 'fix' for a 4D that took the Starchoice FW is still to leave it "turned off" and pointed at G1.

I wonder if Smitty ever found a C band array to see if he could resurrect that 4D he came across.

Ice: I`m just interested in the SD US & Canadain locals. Once I confirm my Winegard will give me good reception, I`ll PM you to implement service & receiver.

what size WInegard and approx what location?

a 30"-36" dish will work just fine on the SD channels all the way to Mexico

I thought it was all 4D's except a 905.
I know the 920 will and the 905 wont. But I thought someone mentioned they tried with their 922 and it worked fine. The 905 if it loads the guide is SLOW

I also thought it was any Canuk bird DCII signal until you told me Ku band only.
AnikF1 & F2 KU are the 2 bad ones. C-Band its fine

All I know is my 922 still is not "allowed" to stop on those slots, even though I dont have any Ku feed to it.
AFAIK know the 'fix' for a 4D that took the Starchoice FW is still to leave it "turned off" and pointed at G1.
it wont take the software. it just loads the maps for Shaw and bogs down the system requiring a factory reset.

My Winegard is a 10 foot perf but the hole size is bigger then .125" as I remember. I should really measure it. I`m 45 miles north of San Diego.

if you use the Coolsat there are some feeds that are between 11900-12000 H
use detail as they are kinda close together

some that log would be (wont be all of them as they move around but these are the most common)
H
5859 symbol rate...they are 4:2:2 so the 5000 wont show them (green screen instead) but you can see the signal quality on the meter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)