FTA on DN Sats?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
The other day DN had mistakenly turned off everything I subscribe to, because of some confusion with me giving my old 4900 receiver to my mom. When I got home and discovered I had been turned off most everything was "red" signaling that I was not subscribed. But I noticed there were a few channels that still appeared to be active (not red). I didn't look to see if they still worked as I was busy calling to find out why I had been turned off.

So does this mean that there are FTA channels amongst the DN channels?

This is not meant to be hack talk, please don't take it that way :eek:

Greg Mueller said:
The other day DN had mistakenly turned off everything I subscribe to, because of some confusion with me giving my old 4900 receiver to my mom. When I got home and discovered I had been turned off most everything was "red" signaling that I was not subscribed. But I noticed there were a few channels that still appeared to be active (not red). I didn't look to see if they still worked as I was busy calling to find out why I had been turned off.

So does this mean that there are FTA channels amongst the DN channels?

This is not meant to be hack talk, please don't take it that way :eek:

They might not be true FTA but yet a valid E* receiver with a valid unsubscribed E* card(or built in one) can watch them.

Greg
The following channels are on all receivers...even unsubscribed ones
Dish 101
PPV Preview 103
NASA 213
Angel One 262
480, 490 (mirrors of 101)
500 (mirror of 103)
When I had to activate a receiver for my dad that is all that was on there when I was waiting on hold. A couple channels show in the guide (Sirius promo 156 & SAH 224) but those say "smartcard not authorized"

What can you get FTA Legally (with a FTA box)
Everything posted above
GOL TV
A DVR promo for DIsh Network
Audio channels (not sirius)

I read somewhere that RTPI and Deutche Welle can be rebroadcasted freely, it would be nice if DN was bound to an agreement with them also.

I believe CCTV is also suppose to be free to all, great for all the Chinese propaganda.

Now why Gol TV is not encrypted, thats a tough one, a friend of mine upgraded his DN package just to get this channel, I'm not complaining:) .

Iceberg said:
yep. I think the agreement with Dish & NASA is it has to be FTA. Kinda neat

You would think so , since you and I are paying the freight for NASA .

Wyr

jayelem

I forgot to add CCTV-9 on the free DIsh channels with a previously subscribed receiver. Its NOT FTA on the DIsh satellites (it is on G3)

Same way with the free shows on TVJapan (or at least used to be, I have not looked in awhile).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)