FTA program blog/guide/highlights?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Woofle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
I've discovered a wealth of information off http://www.lyngsat.com and FTAList.com - The easy list of North American free-to-air TV channels, Wikipedia, and -- of course --- here! :)

However, what I'm wondering as a N00B (but hopefully not a bee zero zero bee ;) is if anyone who surfs the Clarke Belt blogs or writes up nifty little summaries of the weird and wonderful stuff they encounter to highlight stuff they think others might want to check out?

For example, I have been enjoying Russia Today for a while (currently only via IP, but next week, via Ku with any luck!) I have found some interesting documentaries here -- in English no less. Recently there was a special on a wildlife station which nurses orphaned bear-cubs and prepares them for independence and release into the wild. (Russia Today, Galaxy 25 11966 Mhz Horizontal polarbearization, VPID=7001 APID=7002 :)

I wonder if any of you know of anyone doing this -- sharing the nifty stuff they find to help build the FTA community up by pointing out the interesting free to air stuff they find?

-- ross

Lots of lists exist, but a lot of times the feed info is kept close to the vest. There is a belief, and it may be rightly so, that if a lot of the feed info gets posted in public places, it invariably turns up on Lyngsat, word gets back to the broadcaster/uplinker. Then, magically , the feed/channel disappears. Lots of the feeds are temporary, so making lists may/may not be reliable. There are some feed-lists on the web and on yahoo you could locate and join. Mostly , it's just a hunt and find/enjoy type hobby. Never know what you may find!

Lots of lists exist, but a lot of times the feed info is kept close to the vest. There is a belief, and it may be rightly so, that if a lot of the feed info gets posted in public places, it invariably turns up on Lyngsat, word gets back to the broadcaster/uplinker. Then, magically , the feed/channel disappears. Lots of the feeds are temporary, so making lists may/may not be reliable. There are some feed-lists on the web and on yahoo you could locate and join. Mostly , it's just a hunt and find/enjoy type hobby. Never know what you may find!
Yep, you just have to go out there blindscanning. Like you said, most of the feeds are so transient that posting them online wouldn't do any good anyway. I have started a blindscan and walked away doing something else for 15 minutes, and a few of the feeds I had scanned in just 15 minutes prior were already gone!

. . . hrmmm . . .
Yes, at first look it does seem that way.
However, I clicked about half the links to YouTube info videos, and all had been pulled by their poster. :confused:

As for their system prices, I think you could do a lot better (better equipment and/or better prices) shopping at our sponsors.
See top of page for links.
I know SatelliteAV and Sadoun packages (both of which I've bought and recommended in the past) would qualify.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keep having to redo transponders!!!

New to FTA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)