FTA Receiver for Dish Network?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
I have a Coolsat 6000 and noticed it has a hollowed section and a slot for a card. My question is, can you use FTA receivers for viewing Dish programming?

Could I have my BSC621-2 go into a Diseqc port 1 & 2 for C and Ku, them have the Dish LNB go into 3 - and use the Coolsat for FTA and Dish?

No, Dish Network doesn't allow any hardware except their own. Nice idea , though. In my dreams, I could subscribe to just the few channels that I want, and get the rest from FTA.
:)

the pay subscribers only allow their receiver to be subbed to..

by the way...nice avatar...I seen that somewhere before ;)

That's too bad. What is the purpose of the card slot on the CS 6000?

originally there was an adult channel that you could subscribe to on 97W that the card would work with

My Coolsat 6000 Premum has a card slot but when you open the receive up there is no card reader inside :rolleyes:
My Pansat 3500 has the slot and the reader :)

As stated before the card slots are for European providers.

97W has bunch of channels you can get with a card, DFH and Setanta are two of them, I am sure there are more. After all aren't those [$] subscription symbol on the lists for that?

The problem is some of the providers modify the boxes with their custom firmware, for example DFH, they sell the box to their subscribers which is slightly modified, for example satellite name Telstar renamed to DFH SATELLITE, and some of the other transponders removed from the list, and works with a subscriber card, it costs $40 for 6 European channels including Setanta Sports. My question was if I could just bring the card from their receiver and put into mine and watch, but their website has FAQ stating that only their equipment can receive DFH channels... Strange, isn't it.. Even though it is on G19.

Then I saw the post above, Dish requires their own eqipment to receive channels.. I guess it is same with other providers, like DFH.

97W has bunch of channels you can get with a card, DFH and Setanta are two of them, I am sure there are more. After all aren't those [$] subscription symbol on the lists for that?

The problem is some of the providers modify the boxes with their custom firmware, for example DFH, they sell the box to their subscribers which is slightly modified, for example satellite name Telstar renamed to DFH SATELLITE, and some of the other transponders removed from the list, and works with a subscriber card, it costs $40 for 6 European channels including Setanta Sports. My question was if I could just bring the card from their receiver and put into mine and watch, but their website has FAQ stating that only their equipment can receive DFH channels... Strange, isn't it.. Even though it is on G19.

Then I saw the post above, Dish requires their own eqipment to receive channels.. I guess it is same with other providers, like DFH.

The Visionsat only works with irdeto encryption and not nagravision for a card. There are some programming on AMC4 (101W) that you can use the Visionsat and subscribe.

But Globecast and such wont authorize any other receiver but their (crappy) receiver

DFH uses Irdeto or Irdeto2, I will ask my cousin to bring his card next time he visits me, and I will try it (I hope it won't fry the card!)..

What is Globecast, are they another provider? I heard you mentioned them before, and I notice their transponders on my receiver, some free, mostly subscription channels.

DFH uses Irdeto or Irdeto2, I will ask my cousin to bring his card next time he visits me, and I will try it (I hope it won't fry the card!)..

What is Globecast, are they another provider? I heard you mentioned them before, and I notice their transponders on my receiver, some free, mostly subscription channels.

DFH and many other smaller providers do not "marry" or "pair" their access cards with their receivers. DISH Network and DirecTV are some of the ones that do. Because of this, you will NOT be able to even use a DISH Network or DirecTV card from 1 particular receiver in another similar DISH Network or DirecTV receiver because they are "married" to that particular receiver.

As for DFH, as long as you have an active subsription card, you will be able to insert it in another Irdeto embedded satellite receiver and it will work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.