FTA Receiver w/ Ethernet, PVR and NFS or Samba?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

davy_gravy

Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
OK, I guess my 3.5 year old GlobeCast Receiver is dead... we used to get BVN-TV Netherlands/Belgium programming via AMC4.

Since I'm replacing it, I might as well get something good... and that I can use as a PVR... but I'm thinking why not send the MPEG files from my wife's favorite shows to a Samba or NFS share on our NAS (network attached storage). Also great for kid's shows. Timeshifting would be nice.

I see that the nFusion Nova has ethernet (and wireless, but I dont' want that... I'll go cabled for speed). Do other boxes have ethernet as well?

Does anyone know if there is telnet/ssh access to these or other boxes? (not asking about hacking, just what is already under the hood)

Do any of you have experience in connecting these boxes via network to NAS devices?

(If this is just not possible, I may go with the CaptiveWorks CW800S PVR ... and just use a USB HD ... though its not the most elegant solution. An NAS community that I'm active in has some (European) users that rave about the DreamBox ... and they send their recording/timeshifts to their NAS boxes... watch them from the NAS boxes as well ... through the PVR, or through a Media Server like Twonky).

thanks,

davy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts