FTA Receiver with S-video?

Mister B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
El Paso County Texas
I am boarded to death and thinking of dragging my Winegard 76 cm dish out from under the trailer. My line-of-sight to the arc in this lot is severely limited due to tree. Who would have thought in desert West Texas? I do have an easy clear shot at 103 and would like to try for the Cozi channel. We do not have that here in El Paso. It is a stationary dish. I know bigger is always better and I may consider that later but may as well try what I already own.
If successful, I would like to try and record on my perfectly good SVHS recorder. Cozi is just old SD shows anyways. Do any members know of a (probably used) FTA receiver with S-video output that would get Cozi? I see a couple on eBay but honestly have not kept fully up to date on the latest transmission standards. I know they have changed in that few years. Cost is also a factor as this is just play.

I am boarded to death and thinking of dragging my Winegard 76 cm dish out from under the trailer. My line-of-sight to the arc in this lot is severely limited due to tree. Who would have thought in desert West Texas? I do have an easy clear shot at 103 and would like to try for the Cozi channel. We do not have that here in El Paso. It is a stationary dish. I know bigger is always better and I may consider that later but may as well try what I already own.
If successful, I would like to try and record on my perfectly good SVHS recorder. Cozi is just old SD shows anyways. Do any members know of a (probably used) FTA receiver with S-video output that would get Cozi? I see a couple on eBay but honestly have not kept fully up to date on the latest transmission standards. I know they have changed in that few years. Cost is also a factor as this is just play.
If you can't find a receiver that supports it for $27 bucks you can get an HDMI to S-Video/Composite converter on Amazon. :)

HDMI to S-Video converter on Amazon

Thanks for the prompt replies. Yes, I have looked into converters but would rather avoid them. Many seem to introduce problems and then there is just the matter of adding more components in the chain. Realistically, my TV will only take HDMI, component or composite anyway. I probably should just consider the newest technology and accept the composite output to my VCR. If that is not not satisfactory then delve into the options with hard drives attached to FTA receivers.
I was afraid Cozi used the later transmission standard. That is valuable information also.

Of course you do know that most if not all newer receivers can record right on them. An external flash or HDD plugged into them would let you record tons of shows very easily with great playback.One of the OsMio receivers would meet those needs.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Yes, I probably would end up wanting to attach a hard drive to a FTA receiver. I just was looking for a way to take a "one step at a time" approach and keep costs down by using equipment in the back closet. Again, I a just looking to find an interesting project. The situation here in Texas is quite bad and if that was not enough it is too hot to go out much after 11 AM.
I would not even consider these things if not for the helpful members here on the forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts