FTA Receiver works on PAL only!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greatfargo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I an new to FTA and bought a receiver from Europe. I thought about the AC 90-240 and the frequency 50/60 Hz but I discovered that it has only PAL systems on the menus. Is there a way to get it to work on NTSC or it is waste of time and money?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!!!

Some fta receivers you can go in the menu and change that, I know on mine you can. I have never really heard of that one. Maybe someone will know though.

Did you actually see the menu? It does not have NTSC as option? That would be strange as most receivers I have seen have NYSC/PAL option.

If you can't see the menu because the receiver is set at PAL, I recommend connecting the Video output from the receiver to a PC flat screen monitor with Video Input. If you don't have one, try a Black and White portable TV (you can buy a 5" BW TV at Walmart or Big Lots).

Then go in the menu and switch it to NTSC.

Also, check the remote buttons. There could be a button that says RF or UHF. Click on that and it will switch the ouput from PAL to NTSC

Was that the correct name for that box? I googled for it last night and couldn't find one mentioned, though I did see Astra 9400 mentioned on some foreign-hacker sites, and there was some 'Astrasat' brand talked about on ebay-austria. What country did you get that one from?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts