Fta Sats

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnny_baker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
Just wondering what are the best fTA sats that people are using now a days? i'm on 97 w now but hardley any english. I live in newfoundland, canada

P.S thanks to everyone on this fourm for all the advice, you've been great..:D

G10 seems to be the place everyone wants for english programming.

sh*t, i can't get g10 because there is a hill behind my house and i'm pretty sure i can't get anything under probley 15 degrees. got any other??

http://www.lyngsat.com/atlantic.html shows the Atlantic sats, but there's not a lot of English programming there, either.

AMC 3 (87W) has several PBS channels on it.
InstelSat 8 (89W) has ABC News Now, a continuous news line on it.
AMC 5 ( 79W) has NY horseracing channels and a lot of news feeds.
AMC4 (101W) has FOX 64 on board.

Except for Galaxy 10 (123W) there's not a lot of english language on any one bird.

man that bits i'm better of with 82w, does anyone know whats on this sat for channels that are good??

If there's anything free on 81W, there's only maybe one channel. One of the birds has a fine arts channel in the clear. You need a motorized dish on top of that hill, and you'd be a lot happier !

i know but there is no chance of that, it is long..but i get quite a few sat but they need to be high, got any idea of any sats that are like 30 degrees or higher?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)