FTA & Sub'd Exp on the same dish. Any suggestions...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

2CaP

Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
I currently have a subscribed ExpressVu service (82 & 91) using a DP Plus LNB. I want to add FTA Service but, only want to have a single dish on the roof. I am looking to pick up 110 & 119 as well as my sub'd ExVu 82 & 91.

I have done some research & it seems that the 18 X 24 Dish pictured in this link will do the job OR should I look to the T90 Toroidal (Overkill for this application???)?

fta,satellite internet,viewsat ultra,coolsat 8100,fta receivers,viewsat 9000,free to air, coolsat 6100,fta satellite,pansat 2700A,fta hd,sonicview 8000,viewsat 7000,pansat 9000,captiveworks cw600,captive works,viewsat pro, free to air satellite, free

Are there any issues, concerns that you see or that I may run into with this setup or is it pretty straight forward?

For the install (using a Birdog) what bird should i look for first to make the pointing as easy as possible?

Basically I am looking to continue to pick up my sub'd Express Vu as well as any FTA channels I can from whichever birds I can within the limits of the dish.

Your going to need at least a 31" dish for most FTA, even that is very small for most stuff.

The only channel really FTA on Dish is NASA, other than that everything else is Pay TV.

You will probably want to go with the T90 for such a project. The 18 inch dish certainly won't cut it with FSS satellites, and you will want to keep your FTA and subscription services separate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.