FTA Upgrades Completed! :-)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Christopher Cromwell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Lexington, KY.
Got the FTA upgrades done this weekend with the satellites all scanned in. The digital audio cable is pretty short going to the speaker bar system, so I had to put the Amiko A3 receiver on top of the Star Trek original series DVD's. Maybe later I will look for a longer digital audio cable at Walmart. I was able to scan in more channels than what I had before with the smaller dish. I wasn't able to scan in any PBS stations on 125W satellite however, I still get the same scrambled movie channels. :-( Anyway, I'm very happy with the new A3 reciever, just have to figure out the audio sync with some channels. But everything is working great with a much improved picture quality. Special thanks go out to Michael (ke4est), he has been most helpful and patient with me this weekend dealing with my frustrations and exasperations with things that were not his fault. Like Micheal said the Amiko A3 is pretty much light years ahead of my aging Manhattan receiver and all that I will need for many years. :-D

Attachments

• 1415021835052.jpg
    1415021835052.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 1415021857158.jpg
    1415021857158.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 1415021880388.jpg
    1415021880388.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 201
The digital audio cable is pretty short going to the speaker bar system, so I had to put the Amiko A3 receiver on top of the Star Trek original series DVD's :-D

Probably the best use ever for the STOS DVD cases. The material is of course timeless, but the media they published it on sucks! Double sided discs with no labels, instead an accompanying card with little to say, and cases that are impossible to close properly. The VHS release had better media than this.
Nice job on the upgrade, looks good!

Probably the best use ever for the STOS DVD cases. The material is of course timeless, but the media they published it on sucks! Double sided discs with no labels, instead an accompanying card with little to say, and cases that are impossible to close properly. The VHS release had better media than this.
Nice job on the upgrade, looks good!

Thanks Pixl! :-D As far as the DVD'S go, did you mean like this? Lol. :)

Attachments

• 1415024798337.jpg
    1415024798337.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 172
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts