FTA with my equipement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

madmike46

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
north america
I am fairly new to this forum, not sure if this is the right place to ask this. I have an Alph 10 mesh dish with a Co-rotor II feed horn with C-band and Ku-band LNB's. Would I be able to run an FTA receiver on this dish? What changes would I have to make to do this? Would I be able to move dish with FTA receiver? I have a Von Weise actuator on the dish and I have a DSR 920 receiver used with the system right now. What would be the best FTA receiver to use?
Thanks in advance to all who reply. Feel free to move this post if it is in the wrong place.

Thanks again Mike.

on that dish/setup , yes you can. well, most users here including me will envy having the 10 footer alone, imagine the Corotor II and who knows maybe even Norsat LNB's. the problem is that most FTA receivers on the market today do not have the capability to move the dish neither to control the skew on the Corotor therefore most people in your case simply slave the DSR 920 off the FTA receiver so they can move the dish and control skew with the DSR. Kind of cumbersome for some but it works fine.

Best FTA receiver is difficult to answer but most in NA will probably select the AZbox as 1 of the candidates even with its quirks since it plays all or almost all formats available today. Ultimately it all depends on your viewing/use needs. If you care nothing about blind scanning as a hobby then I would recommend the CS 8100 since it does most signals as well (no 4:2:2 but those are mostly feeds) and is fairly cheap this days due to hackers getting rid of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)