FuboTV pricing

gittist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
Does anyone know how long the advertised pricing for FuboTV Pro will last? At what point will it revert to the normal pricing?

Their webpage shows a ‘normal’ price of $92.96 but with a 24% discount to $69.99.

That package has all of the channels that my wife watches and would be a substantial savings over what we’re paying to the satellite provider. However if the price is only good for a few months it’s not worth switching.

I sent FuboTV an email but I’ll be surprised if I get a response.

Does anyone know how long the advertised pricing for FuboTV Pro will last? At what point will it revert to the normal pricing?

Their webpage shows a ‘normal’ price of $92.96 but with a 24% discount to $69.99.

That package has all of the channels that my wife watches and would be a substantial savings over what we’re paying to the satellite provider. However if the price is only good for a few months it’s not worth switching.

Fubo is rumored about to shut down, losing tons of money and cannot get more financing, also shedding subscribers while Hulu Live and You Tube TV are gaining.

What channels do you both need to have, maybe some advice if we know what you want.

I don't watch much of anything on pay TV but my wife watches Hallmark(3), Paramount, TLC, Bravo, HGTV, FOOD, and Magnolia (old DIY?)

I don't watch much of anything on pay TV but my wife watches Hallmark(3), Paramount, TLC, Bravo, HGTV, FOOD, and Magnolia (old DIY?)
You Tube TV has all those for $65 a month.

Another option
All 3 Hallmarks are on Friendly TV, $6.99 a month
Bravo shows are on Peacock $4.99 a month or $9.99 a month no commercials
Paramount on Paramount+ $9.99 commercial free, with, I think, is $6.99.
The rest on your list are on Discovery+ $4.99 or $6.99 no commercials.

Plus all the extra content on the streaming apps.

The safest thing to get, close to a Traditional Service, is You Tube TV, you get a guide, DVR, 3 streams ( 3 TVs to watch it on with no box charge), this way you might not piss her off, my wife was a total Luddite, but she learned how to use it with ease.

Reactions: DS0816 and NashGuy
I never quite thought that company could work. Expanded too much and way too fast. But even before expanding, it wasn't doing all too well.
Philo is $25 a month. Everything but Bravo. If one doesn't need sports or the Turner Networks, Philo is the way to go.

Reactions: Mochuf
You Tube TV has all those for $65 a month.

Another option
All 3 Hallmarks are on Friendly TV, $6.99 a month
Bravo shows are on Peacock $4.99 a month or $9.99 a month no commercials
Paramount on Paramount+ $9.99 commercial free, with, I think, is $6.99.
The rest on your list are on Discovery+ $4.99 or $6.99 no commercials.

Plus all the extra content on the streaming apps.

The safest thing to get, close to a Traditional Service, is You Tube TV, you get a guide, DVR, 3 streams ( 3 TVs to watch it on with no box charge), this way you might not piss her off, my wife was a total Luddite, but she learned how to use it with ease.
Good advice, but one small correction: YouTube TV does not have Magnolia. Although, yeah, I think all the Magnolia content is also on Discovery+ and will be part of HBO Max before long.

Reactions: DS0816

Their Pro package has been priced at $69.99 for months now. They just show it as being a "24% savings" to make the price look good. Given that Hulu Live and DirecTV Stream both start at $69.99 too, and YouTube TV starts even lower at $64.99, I don't see FuboTV raising the price of their starting tier much, if any, unless the competition does too.

Good advice, but one small correction: YouTube TV does not have Magnolia. Although, yeah, I think all the Magnolia content is also on Discovery+ and will be part of HBO Max before long.
YouTube TV does not have Magnolia Network (previously DIY Network) and Cooking Channel. When it comes to Discovery networks, YouTube TV also does not have Science Channel, Discovery Life, Destination America, American Heroes Channel, and Discovery Family. (I am not criticizing or complaining.)

I did not know FuboTV is in trouble. I haven’t followed this for long. Perhaps a problem for FuboTV is with not having A&E Networks (which includes Lifetime), which it dropped in 2021, and Warner Bros. Discovery networks: Cartoon Network, Boomerang, TBS, TruTV, Turner Classic Movies, CNN, Headline News, CNN International, and the multi screens of premium-movie programmers HBO Max and Cinemax. That this is too much that is missing. (Hulu + Live TV does not have AMC Networks. It also does not have Hallmark Channel and league-sports programmers NBA TV, MLB Network, and NHL Network. YouTube TV also does not have A&E Networks. I recognize some programming will not get carried.)

I did not know FuboTV is in trouble. I haven’t followed this for long. Perhaps a problem for FuboTV is with not having A&E Networks (which includes Lifetime), which it dropped in 2021, and Warner Bros. Discovery networks: Cartoon Network, Boomerang, TBS, TruTV, Turner Classic Movies, CNN, Headline News, CNN International, and the multi screens of premium-movie programmers HBO Max and Cinemax. That this is too much that is missing. (Hulu + Live TV does not have AMC Networks. It also does not have Hallmark Channel and league-sports programmers NBA TV, MLB Network, and NHL Network. YouTube TV also does not have A&E Networks. I recognize some programming will not get carried.)
Yeah, I do believe that FuboTV is in trouble. They've been losing money continuously since launching but say that they'll become profitable through increased ad revenue (as their ad load increasingly switches from traditional to individualized targeted ads) plus gambling revenue once they make sports betting available in their app. I don't see either being enough to save them.

The reality is that FuboTV is a small player and they're not connected to a larger business (like YouTube TV/Google or Hulu Live/Disney) that can support them until they become self-sustaining. And as you point out, FuboTV is missing several key channels, a move they found necessary to keep their content costs down so as not to lose as much money.

Given the same $70/mo price as Hulu Live (which includes the full Disney bundle), and $5/mo more than YouTube TV (which includes the Warner/Turner/Discovery channels that FuboTV lacks), I just can't see how FuboTV competes against those bigger guys. I'm sure there are a few people who find it and decide that they prefer it for this or that odd channel or feature that YouTube TV or Hulu Live lacks but there can't be that many such consumers.

Bottom line: I'll be surprised if FuboTV is still around by the end of 2024.

Thank you for the replies.

I had no issue with the programming (price was 1/2 of what we're paying now) but my wife didn't like what she had to do in order to watch her channels even after I set them up as favorites. She pushes buttons and doesn't give anything much more than one nanosecond to respond before she pushes another....

Reactions: djont57
Between not giving the system time to respond and a day or so of "what's an up button ?" (or left, right, and down) I gave up. I thought YouTube TV might cut the costs but alas....

Reactions: djont57
Did not want to start a new thread, here-

FuboTV reported the loss of another 110,000 customers in the second quarter, pushing the virtual pay TV service's subscriber base back below 1 million.

Just put a fork in it, it is done, why lose more money, investors have to be ready to pull out if not already have done so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)