fuboTV will add ESPN/ABC/Disney

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mixedday

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
NJ

It does mention that a price increase will occur. I just hope that it doesn't go to $80/monthly, but realistically, it might be. This will make fubo though more full service though, and perhaps get better recognition against YouTube TV, Hulu Live TV and AT&T TV., unless the price point is too high. Perhaps even trying to be the premium streaming service of those.

If it's going to be a strong streaming service (cable replacement alternative), I wish it'd also add AXS TV/HD Net Movies and a few minor networks that shouldn't be very costly.

On the premium side, it is limited to Showtime. I think it should carry Starz or Epix, to help round out its offerings. WarnerMedia (owner of HBO) has been known to be difficult to providers, but a subscriber could just get HBOMax directly from HBO.

Interesting! They add the Disney owned channels including ESPN, but drops Time Warner channels including TNT and TBS. I would take that trade, but I think they'll still increase the price to match YouTube TV.

It has been reported elsewhere that the price will go up $5. Not sure how accurate that is.

Fubo's CEO views YTTV and Hulu Live as it's most direct competitors.

But I see them as more complete packages:
YouTube TV - most mainstream. Has big 4 broadcast networks plus PBS, plus most cable channels with HBO, Cinemax, Starz and Showtime and Epix as add-ons. Many other add ons available.
Hulu Live - includes regular Hulu (added benefit) and covers big 4 broadcast networks and most cable channels with HBO, Cinemax, Starz and Showtimes as add-ons.

As Fubo is priced around the same price point, what distinguishes Fubo from these carriers? I read that there are holes in sports coverage among all three but any major ones that Fubo does not have in this regard? Is it premium for 5.1 audio and 4k picture?

Fubo's CEO views YTTV and Hulu Live as it's most direct competitors.

But I see them as more complete packages:
YouTube TV - most mainstream. Has big 4 broadcast networks plus PBS, plus most cable channels with HBO, Cinemax, Starz and Showtime and Epix as add-ons. Many other add ons available.
Hulu Live - includes regular Hulu (added benefit) and covers big 4 broadcast networks and most cable channels with HBO, Cinemax, Starz and Showtimes as add-ons.

As Fubo is priced around the same price point, what distinguishes Fubo from these carriers? I read that there are holes in sports coverage among all three but any major ones that Fubo does not have in this regard? Is it premium for 5.1 audio and 4k picture?

Fubo is losing the WarnerMedia channels, so no TBS or TNT, which carry MLB and NBA games. (No CNN, Cartoon Network, TruTV, TCM or HLN either.) Beyond that, Fubo also doesn't carry the Fox Sports regional sports networks (e.g. Fox Sports South, Fox Sports Ohio, etc.). They dropped those at the start of the year. Meanwhile, YTTV and Hulu Live carry all of those channels.

Fubo is losing the WarnerMedia channels, so no TBS or TNT, which carry MLB and NBA games. (No CNN, Cartoon Network, TruTV, TCM or HLN either.) Beyond that, Fubo also doesn't carry the Fox Sports regional sports networks (e.g. Fox Sports South, Fox Sports Ohio, etc.). They dropped those at the start of the year. Meanwhile, YTTV and Hulu Live carry all of those channels.

Thanks, but with the Warner and Fox Sports regional sports network deletions in mind, what does fubo really offer that YTTV and Hulu Live lack, to make up for coming to about the same price? Is it more soccer or 4k picture/5.1 audio?

I know it has Hallmark and History, but would be surprised if its those channels to distinguish itself, as it doesn't fit with the premium and sports focused experience, especially as those missing general entertainment channels (from YTTV) are on the budget cord-cutting streamers like Philo and Sling. Philo and Sling also have AXS TV that fubo TV lacks..

I did try fubo TV for 7 days, and thought it's UI and DVR were good. And, I hope it can be competitive against YTTV, Hulu Live, ATT and Sling and other providers, rather than be another option that cannot and ceases.

Last edited:
Thanks, but with the Warner and Fox Sports regional sports network deletions in mind, what does fubo really offer that YTTV and Hulu Live lack, to make up for coming to about the same price? Is it more soccer or 4k picture/5.1 audio?

Yeah, other than offering some live sports in 4K and 4K HDR (and maybe some channels in DD 5.1 audio, I don't know), I can't really think of anything that distinguishes Fubo versus YTTV or Hulu Live. Maybe Fubo has some live soccer that the other two don't? Seems like it started out really appealing to soccer fans.

Sounds like Fubo will market the soon-to-be $65 Family Plan (w/ 500 hr cloud DVR and 3 streams) as their main offering. That's the same price as YTTV (unlimited cloud DVR and 3 streams). Meanwhile, Hulu with Live TV with the 200-hr Enhanced DVR + Unlimited Screens upgrade costs $70. But that does include the core Hulu on-demand library with ads ($6/mo by itself). They're pretty competitively priced, although I'd say Hulu Live is the worst value given the smaller channel line-up and lower amount of cloud DVR storage. YTTV is still probably the best value for most folks.

One hole in Hulu Live is that it doesn't carry NBA TV. I figured that once Disney got full control of Hulu, we'd see additions such as that channel (especially with Disney in general being a premium service - why skimp out on channels), but such hasn't happened. Has Hulu Live gone stagnant?

Anyways, for the NBA games viewer (whenever the season returns), YTTV still looks like the strongest choice. Sling has TBS/TNT and NBA TV (as an add-on) but it lacks the RSNs. fubo has NBA TV (also in an add-on package), RSNs in some cases, but lacks TBS/TNT.

I've always thought Hulu Live's strength is just reliance on the vast number of regular Hulu viewers (with or without Ads) but not on the Hulu Live side that it could attempt to convert. It has the benefit of a captive customer base and simplified billing. But, I think it will be impacted with ViacomCBS like YTTV, resulting in a price hike and going over the price of YTTV and fubo. At that point, fubo is competitive relative to Hulu Live, but Hulu Live would seem like the high priced service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)