Full Page ad from Viacom in Houston Chronicle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RobbinM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Is morning I see the Houston Chroncle had a full page ad from Viacom. Reminds me of the "attack" ads we last saw here during the ABC/TWC dispute.

Did Viacom advertise in all the big markets? Our CBS isn't Viacom owned, so I was a little surprised to see an ad here.

RobbinM said:
Is morning I see the Houston Chroncle had a full page ad from Viacom. Reminds me of the "attack" ads we last saw here during the ABC/TWC dispute.

Did Viacom advertise in all the big markets? Our CBS isn't Viacom owned, so I was a little surprised to see an ad here.

Here in Memphis there was a full page ad by Viacom as well as a quarter page ad by Time Warner.

RobbinM said:

Here in Chicago the local CBS affiliate has been running radio ads...urging people to contact their local cable company or Direct TV. Gettin Ugly!

Viacom ran a full page ad here in Kansas City this morning, too. We didn't lose our CBS station, since it isn't owned by Viacom, so I was surprised by the ad as well.

Michael

RobbinM said:

I wonder how long it takes to compose and place an ad like that in a dozen newspapers? Clearly Viacom had their propaganda canon locked and loaded!

I have no kids, and am far from anything resembling the "younger crowd", and I love Spongebob! My wife finds him and his friends very irritating... Go figure...

Have you seen the new ad this morning? It has Spongebob blowing heart "bubbles" with the headline "We Love You Guys." It says "Sorry that our Dish Network viewers missed some of their favorite programs, and thank you for all your patience and support." Apparently Viacom had already booked the ad and had to change copy!

In the Dallas Morning news they also ran the Spongebob as a full page ad. The back side was a 3/4 page comcast ad. "Attention Satellite Dish Owners Comcast Delivers." "Ditch the Dish" With a row of 5 trash cans with people throwing Directv single LNB dishes into them.(somebody in marketing dosen't know what a DISH 500 looks like).

Hope Dish posts ads showing that the negotiations are completed, no rate hikes to customers and you still get all of the digital signal on every single channel.

For what it's worth (not much, I know), I think Dish came out of it looking like David (of David and Goliath).

Viacom on the other hand was childish, spiteful, and vindictive in all of their public attacks on Dish.

I don't recall Charlie or any of the Dish folks saying anything other than Viacom forced them into this situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)