Funnel cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
Snapped this with my iphone on my way into work this mornning. Watched it drop down, then slowly went away. Don't think it ever made it to the ground.

Attachments

• Funnel cloud 2.jpg
    Funnel cloud 2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 187
wow! :eek: i've only had 5 tornadoes that i know of and seen personally here in miami for the last 20 years

You should see some of the HD video I shot from last week :) Ill see if I can edit it and post it. Tomorrow they are predicting a high probability that there will be tornatic activity for where I live. That very reason is why I keep my high def camcorder hidden in my car. You never know when you will need it. :D

I always carry a camera and video camera with me. You never know when something will happen. It has come in a handy a few times already. :)

About three weeks prior to my leaving employment with Dish I was driving back from Jackson Michigan and looking to my left I saw the F1 that had torn a path through the area and turned into an F3 after traveling out of the area, I was probably about a half mile from it given the size of the field that it was traveling through.

I've been in the path of two tornadoes in my life. The first tore the roof of the building I was in, the second damaged the area around my house more than it actually damaged my residence. Both were frightening moments. I'll never forget what they sounded like, or what the trail of destruction looked like.

I remember a tornado touching down near my folks house about 8 years ago or so. It happened during some kind of sporting event I was watching. The power went out and I went outside on the porch to see what all the fuss was about....

It was dark out at the time and I remember the wind suddenly coming to a stop. Then, the sky turned this eerie green and then I saw it. Literally, just a few blocks away from the Twister and here I was on the front porch!

Anyways, I found out the next morning that the Twister sparred my parents street, but the two adjacent streets got wrecked bad. Multiple homes were completely flattened, cars thrown, roofs peeled off, trees uprooted. It was bad. I just can't believe I got that close to it. I am lucky to still be here now that I think of it. :)

In Tulsa, Ok this week for work. Has some strong storms come in last night with Tornado's sited North of Town. Was kind of neat since my room faces the North to just open up the curtains (with windows floor to ceiling) and turn off the lights and watch the lightning show.

Another funny thing, my hotel is next door to the Dish Network offices in Tulsa. I think it must be the call center that I have gotten before because it sure does not look too fancy or anything from the outside but they sure have the logo plastered on the building and out front.

In Tulsa, Ok this week for work. Has some strong storms come in last night with Tornado's sited North of Town. Was kind of neat since my room faces the North to just open up the curtains (with windows floor to ceiling) and turn off the lights and watch the lightning show.

Another funny thing, my hotel is next door to the Dish Network offices in Tulsa. I think it must be the call center that I have gotten before because it sure does not look too fancy or anything from the outside but they sure have the logo plastered on the building and out front.

That's how it started at my house, and then I figured out that this was one of those storms I shouldn't be watching. Instead it turned into a where do I hide game. The basement was out, because it was filling up from the sewers backing up. ended up between the bed and an interior wall. Scariest moment of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts