Funny EPG Descriptions

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
I was browsing channels tonight and saw that Monster HD was showing the original Bela Lugosi 1931 "Dracula" movie. I nearly busted a gut when I read the movie description:

"A real-estate man visits the Transylvania castle of a 500-year-old vampire."

True enough, but I think I could have come up with something better for one of the all-time classic movies.

Yeah, I notice those on most of the VOOM channels. Sometimes their information isn't really the best way to describe movies. Summarize the movie in 15 words or less and throw in some random actors' names. :)

EDIT: I wish they would have a paragraph summary of the shows/movies, then you can press down to view an extended summary plus the names of the cast and director. I guess they only provide limited information so it could be compatible for all their receivers?

Last edited:
chrisw27 said:
Yeah, I notice those on most of the VOOM channels. Sometimes their information isn't really the best way to describe movies. Summarize the movie in 15 words or less and throw in some random actors' names. :)

EDIT: I wish they would have a paragraph summary of the shows/movies, then you can press down to view an extended summary plus the names of the cast and director. I guess they only provide limited information so it could be compatible for all their receivers?

You mean like on a Tivo? It shows all those fields in the extended info. Even original release date, original formats, etc.

The description for "It's Alive!"

"A couple's first baby emerges with fangs, wrecks the delivery room, then goes after a milk truck."

My oh my, does that sound scary!