funny remote

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
My remote is funny. If I point it absolutely directly at the STB, it will not work. If I point it about 30 deg down (which is an awkward holding position), it works fine.

It seems the IR transmitter in the remote must be bent upward, so you have to hold the remote down. You can take the clear plastic cover off and bend it down that should correct the issue. Or have BHN mail you a new remote free.

It seems the IR transmitter in the remote must be bent upward, so you have to hold the remote down. You can take the clear plastic cover off and bend it down that should correct the issue. Or have BHN mail you a new remote free.
I don't understand that. There are two clear plastic transmitter points (small, round, slightly protruding) on the front that do not look removable at all. They actually look like they are the "bulbs" rather than a cover, but they may be covers with the bulbs inside them.

Sounds like you got one of the newest remotes we have. Try fresh batteries, if that doesnt work, then call and they will mail you another one. Or, if it bugs you that bad, you can exchange it at the office.

What Khand said. You have a different remote then the one I was describeing. You must have the one with the BHN logo on them.

As he said try new batteries or exchange it.