Not open for further replies.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
'Futurama' May Have a Future

Hoping to follow the "Family Guy" model of life after TV death, the studio that produced "Futurama" is considering putting the animated series back into production.
Talks are underway at 20th Century Fox TV, which also produces "Family Guy," to make a "limited" number of new episodes of the cartoon, which was created by "The Simpsons" guru Matt Groening and David X. Cohen. The discussions haven't gone so far as to include a place to air any new installments, Variety reports.

You know, the unique thing about the popular cartoons is that the characters do not age. They can always be brought back. I wonder if the same thing will happen with The Simpsons. If they get cancelled they might get brought back in the future.

I cant believe that the simpsons are still being produced, can the viewer numbers really still be there?

Sean, when I saw this was from you, I thought that Animania might be picking up "Futurama". Oh, well, getting Fry and Bender back in any case is worth it.

This was another series that I didn't discover until after it was cancelled. I'd love to see some new ones. The reason that they series failed, was that it was on Sundays after football and was often "pulled" when games ran late.

Otherwise it has become pretty popular on CN. The only problem is that its been running for two years now in the evening and well, I think I've seen every episode about 4 or 5 times. So I don't watch it anymore.

New Futurama?

Futurama had ten times the production values of The Simpsons, and one third the humor. If they do bring it back (and I hope they do) maybe they can steal a few of the old Simpsons writers for the new debut.

Bruce

Futurama does have a lot of jokes which can go over the heads of a certain percentile of viewers.

If you never watched Star Trek, then you likely missed out on about 300 jokes.

Futurama was sporadically funny. But they kind of jumped the shark midway through the first season when they introduced that stupid monkey into the charachter line-up. I lost interest after that.
The first 5 episodes are classics, though.

what monkey are you talking about?!! i only remember one episode with a monkey in it, are you sure you aren't confusing a CREATURE for a monkey?

Dish Dude said:
what monkey are you talking about?!! i only remember one episode with a monkey in it, are you sure you aren't confusing a CREATURE for a monkey?
You may be right. I just remember that episode really turned me off. Knee-Jerk reaction to be sure, but there's no accounting for sane psycology when attempting to figure out why people stop watching particular shows.

I dont think it was a monkey. It was a pet and ate different things if I am not mistaken. Interesting little critter.

Sucks to Cartoon Network for not getting these new shows. I wonder how that happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)