Future of Logitech Revue ? and future of google tv ? Logitech says Google TV Revue box was a 'big m

caboclipper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
I got a Logitech Revue about 2 months ago, what a great thing it is. I love it. I use it all the time. I got one for my room, another for my living room and another one for my office.

I am very concerned to listen that Logitech is no longer manufacturing the product.

What do you think will happen ? Google maybe acquiring logitech maybe dish network could acquire it ? maybe developing a new one under a different brand ?

Google guys please do not abandon this !!
Dish network guys do something !!!

http://www.techradar.com/news/telev...oogle-tv-revue-box-was-a-big-mistake--1040606

Google is not abandoning the platform. Logitech is abandoning their implementation of it.

If the Motorola acquisition goes through, you will no doubt see GTV built-in to future Motorola cable and IPTV boxes.

There are plans for Samsung implementations of GTV, no doubt in exchange for being chosen to manufacture the Nexus. But, with future Nexus models most likely to be produced by Motorola, that may change, if GTV doesn't take off during its next implementation.

Samsung is going to announce their GoogleTV model at CES but not have a working model to show. They have said it will have their own little spin on it. They will probably be able to commit to a release date. LG is also rumored to have something to say about GoogleTV at CES. We will have to wait and see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)