future receivers? support 2 HDTV's?

waltah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
NE Ohio
hey folks, i saw that the vip922 launched not too long ago but TV2 is still in standard def? I have 2 TV's that I would like to run HD off of one receiver. is this a common request? i really dont want to be charged for another receiver. i love my 722k but would need a second one to have HD in 2 places.

any reports that future receivers will have 2 HDMI outs? :confused:

***** for $3 more a month im having come put another HD DVR in. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
$3 a month...how?
They want me to pay for the receiver plus the extra monthly receiver fee.
I am looking at Directv now, as they are implementing sharing of DVR recordings. With that I could get 2HD DVRs and 2 HD recievers all networked together. Since I have 3 HDTVs in my house and 1 Standard, then all TVs could be networked and share recordings. The cost of the new receivers are discounted heavily and the with the discounts on programming in the first year it would pay for the receivers.
I really hate to switch though until I see the networking of receivers is working good.

I'm with you zman, I want to switch to directv, they have my HD locals. And the networking looks like it could be good. That's one feature I miss from uverse. But I can't justify paying a 300 ETF right now. I would like another HD receiver but they want 65 plus 7/mo for a simple HD tuner

It is $1/month cheaper to have 2 612s vs 1 922. The 612s are $10/month each plus a single $6 DVR fee. The 922 is $17/month plus a single $10 fee. So you have $26 with the 612s and $27/month with the 922.

Plus with the 612s you do not have to buy a sling box (which is not available yet).

Disadvantage to the 612s is that you cannot share recordings between them without transferring to an external hard drive and taking the HD to the other one.

Advantage 612 can record 2 sat programs on each.

Advantage 922 is sling and larger HD.

I wouldn't want it right now. There's no significant savings to dual tuners - one non-DVR will cost the same as two singles, and two 612's will cost $3 more than a 722.

In my opinion the entire attractiveness of the dual-output boxes was lost when they got rid of the phone line credits - I'd rather have 2 612's that can record/watch simultaneously in two separate rooms than the 722 which only has two tuners total. And I'd rather have two 211's as opposed to a 222...

If Dish isn't making dual tuners cheaper (which they are not anymore), there's no use for them.

sorry for any confusion , let me clear this up.

i pay $7 for a crap SD solo non-dvr

im swapping that for an HD solo DVR. $10 a month

so $3 more a month ill have my 722k running the TV1 HD and the bedroom TV2 SD. and the solo HD DVR running the other hd TV.

sorry for any confusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)