Future suggestion

blatimer1983

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Mississippi
I would like to see Hopper 3 become the default Hopper for customers that want 3+ TVs hooked up to Dish in the future. Also, I like to see Hopper 2 become the default hopper for customers that want 1-2 TVs hooked up to Dish unless the customer opts to go down to Hopper DUO.

This is a future suggestion for Hopper/Joey installs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: That American Girl
Hop Sling is the current default for all situations (unless credit is an issue). Duo is actually frowned upon for new customers, and again not the first option for existing customers.

I too would love to see hop3 for more than 2 tv needs... but they have yet to go that direction for now.

I heard work orders call for DPP LNBF for Hopper DUO even though it will work perfectly fine with DPH LNBF. DPH LNBF are a lot easier to manage than DPP lol. I really can’t see a reason why work orders are called for DPP for Hopper DUOs lol.

I heard work orders call for DPP LNBF for Hopper DUO even though it will work perfectly fine with DPH LNBF. DPH LNBF are a lot easier to manage than DPP lol. I really can’t see a reason why work orders are called for DPP for Hopper DUOs lol.

Why are the DPH LNBF's easier to "manage" than the DPP LNBF's?

My DPP's are feeding my H2's with a single coax.

Ok. Cool. In my opinion DPH looks cleaner and easier. I heard DPH LNBFs are default for all Hopper/Joey systems minus Hopper DUO. For some strange reason work orders calls for DPPs for Hopper DUOs I don’t know why. Hopper DUOs do work with DPH lol.

The reason why I said DPH should be used on all Hopper/Joey installs because if a customer wants to upgrade to Hopper 3 then installers won’t have to worry about changing the antenna configuration.

Ok. Cool. In my opinion DPH looks cleaner and easier. I heard DPH LNBFs are default for all Hopper/Joey systems minus Hopper DUO. For some strange reason work orders calls for DPPs for Hopper DUOs I don’t know why. Hopper DUOs do work with DPH lol.

The reason why I said DPH should be used on all Hopper/Joey installs because if a customer wants to upgrade to Hopper 3 then installers won’t have to worry about changing the antenna configuration.

I don't disagree with a DPH as the current default. The less coax is the only point I take issue with since it's a simple matter to mount a Solo or Duo Node directly at the dish so only a single coax is needed for each receiver. If an existing DPP LNBF is desired for use with an H3, then a DPH42 can also be installed at the dish. The primary use for that though, was to retain access to the 77 EA bird with a 1K4 dish, which of course is gone for CONUS use now. Another common use for a DPH42 is to adapt an older Winegard RV roof mounted Trav'ler dish for an H3 installation.

I don't disagree with a DPH as the current default. The less coax is the only point I take issue with since it's a simple matter to mount a Solo or Duo Node directly at the dish so only a single coax is needed for each receiver. If an existing DPP LNBF is desired for use with an H3, then a DPH42 can also be installed at the dish. The primary use for that though, was to retain access to the 77 EA bird with a 1K4 dish, which of course is gone for CONUS use now. Another common use for a DPH42 is to adapt an older Winegard RV roof mounted Trav'ler dish for an H3 installation.
Sounds good but those aren't Dish Authorized installs. They want connections on or in the house near a ground point