FXX a la carte ends today

przywara

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 28, 2009
Delaware
If you only have a SmartPack with a la carte FXX you will loose the channel today, and need to upgrade to at least the 120+. It jumped my bill about $50, which seems steep. Whatever happened to grandfathering? Oh, and the RFD channel is not on 120+, so another $5 add-on to get back what we had yesterday.

If you only have a SmartPack with a la carte FXX you will loose the channel today, and need to upgrade to at least the 120+. It jumped my bill about $50, which seems steep. Whatever happened to grandfathering? Oh, and the RFD channel is not on 120+, so another $5 add-on to get back what we had yesterday.
Why would 120+ be required?
You mean 120?
Or is this FXX the old Speed channel that used to be a sports channel, that no longer is?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

No, FXX is the new Fox station that airs The Simpsons 4 nights a week now, and other content. It is an a la carte channel on FiOS, I guess to recoup what they paid for The Simpsons.

It has been about 12 hours since I called in to make the change, and FXX remains 'Not Authorized' error 013. I was the first to call it in, and they escalated to engineering. Hopefully tonight's update will fix it.

Reactions: pattykay
its been FXX for almost 3 years now...not really "new"
I'm guessing the reason it's still in 120+ much be contract related. Because it really shouldn't be since it isn't sports anymore.
That's really the only difference from 120 -120+. It's just 120 with the added Multisports pack.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I'm guessing the reason it's still in 120+ much be contract related. Because it really shouldn't be since it isn't sports anymore.
That's really the only difference from 120 -120+. It's just 120 with the added Multisports pack.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I thought 120+ added your local RSN's but not multisport?

No its the entire multisports pack.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Dish site says otherwise. Under AT120+ it says "locals and regional sports network(s)
Under Multisport it says "Get Multi-Sport Pack from DISH, including over 35 channels of your favorite sports networks. Multi-Sport Pack offers sports fans the very best coverage at an unbeatable value. Only $13/mo with minimum subscription to America's Top 120 Plus or above or DishLATINO Max."

Dish site says otherwise. Under AT120+ it says "locals and regional sports network(s)
Under Multisport it says "Get Multi-Sport Pack from DISH, including over 35 channels of your favorite sports networks. Multi-Sport Pack offers sports fans the very best coverage at an unbeatable value. Only $13/mo with minimum subscription to America's Top 120 Plus or above or DishLATINO Max."
Very well could be then, It was Hard for me to tell the difference between the packages when I signed up, because I had 120+ for all of about 5 minutes, until I upgraded to 250.

But you are probably right.
I could have swore I had SEC Longhorn and a bunch of other Root sports channels.
But it makes more sense than it would only add your local RSns.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Called again. There is an issue with programming on the Dish IT side. I imagine it only affects commercial accounts, so there must not be many of us. I have accounts in 2 different locations, with 120+ and neither of them work for FXX. All the other channels are working fine. Perhaps tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts