FYI- 3D channel on the PS3 now.

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
I was surfing around my PS3 last evening and saw they now offer a 3D program channel. There is one free music video you can download but the others are streaming 3D movies and have a price per download.

Go to the PS3 store and find the access to the 3D channel. You download that and then access the 3D programs in your movies section, similar to Netflix and Hulu Plus.

Enjoy...

PS- I don't have a 3D monitor yet but thought you all would like to check this out.

I will have to check it out tonight. :)

I just got DIRECTV's 3D channels on Saturday and a lot of nice content although the channel looks deeply deglected as all the ads say "coming in July" which has passed. :)

Just downloaded two videos from the PS3 3D store, one of them a demo for the upcoming 3DTV Network (Discovery Channel, Imax and Sony partnership) the Demo looked COOL! In addition downloaded a Bon Jovi music video which also looked very good in 3D.

They have 2 movies up which you can rent, open season and one other that I can't remember. They are 1080p 3D but only 2.0 stereo sound.

Scott- did you happen to notice the Bon Jovi demo on a regular 2D monitor? It looked like normal 1080i video to me. What did it look like without glasses on a 3D monitor? I'm thinking that the monitor if 3D capable must be watched in 3D or the video is double imaged while a signal of that demo to a 2D monitor just looks normal. Is this your observation? That is pretty cool automatic compatibility if so.

I just purchased a Sony 46HX800. It is replacing a 46XBR9 (wife's present:D) I will never watch TV without glasses again. I watched parts of StarTrek (bluray), Indianapolis-New England Football, TLC 'Great migrations, "Boardwalk Empire" . Bad news my eyesight won't allow me to take my regular glasses off. GoodNews- who needs a 3D channel--Sony's 2D-3D conversion was unbelievable. One hiccup the 3D mode turned off after 4hours. Took me about 2 seconds to turn it back on.:D

Toto
Question. What does the picture look like with out glasses? I've been looking at 3D tvs and have seen one, that (with out glasses) looks like a normal HD picture and another that (again with out glasses) had a double image, like in a movie theater. Unfortunately, I didn't ask if they where LCD or plasma. Or if that makes a difference. I suspect my wife would not use glasses, so I would need a 3D set with out the double image.

Also, it seems some sets convert 2D to 3D and some do not. Could anyone shed light on that?

When it is not in 3D mode it is an excellent HDTV image with or without glasses. It would appear a little to a lot out of focus, in the 3D mode, without glasses.:D

Scott- did you happen to notice the Bon Jovi demo on a regular 2D monitor? It looked like normal 1080i video to me. What did it look like without glasses on a 3D monitor? I'm thinking that the monitor if 3D capable must be watched in 3D or the video is double imaged while a signal of that demo to a 2D monitor just looks normal. Is this your observation? That is pretty cool automatic compatibility if so.

On Sony TVs (not sure of other brands), you may watch 2D as 3D with glasses or 3D as 2D with/without glasses.:D

Thanks, Toto. Right now I'm leaning heavily toward a 3D Front Projector as size matters to me. I don't want to sacrifice size for 3D in my Home theater. My wife and I are both in agreement on this requirement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)