FYI: 4K Joey Update Includes NETFLIX 4K!

jayiw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
Finally after something like 2 years of "Netflix coming soon" (soon to Dish is 2 years, lol), the latest update U482 now includes Netflix with 4k content. I don't see Netflix yet on the apps section yet but you can find it in the guide and in the menu.

I hate to ask but does it work well? I have issues with Netflix on my Joey 2.0 and basically use Roku to avoid them.

in my case I sometimes get what seem to be buffering issues. The picture freezes but the audio advances. It never happens with the Hopper itself only a joey 2.0. I can switch to another device without too much trouble but I just find it easier to go to Roku in the first place.

Right, but why post the link in the public forum where non-Pub Members can see it?
It is an example as to the extra special content available to Pub Members/Supporters of this fabulous site. I didn't post the content since Scott would have posted it in the Dish Forum if he wanted it public.

It is an example as to the extra special content available to Pub Members/Supporters of this fabulous site. I didn't post the content since Scott would have posted it in the Dish Forum if he wanted it public.
Right, but my point is: why even post the link, then? It just comes off as rubbing it in our faces: "Nyah, nyah, you can't read this!" :nana2
Sorry if that was not your intention.

Right, but my point is: why even post the link, then? It just comes off as rubbing it in our faces: "Nyah, nyah, you can't read this!" :nana2
Sorry if that was not your intention.
I was just responding to navychop's post. He is a frequent poster in the Pub. I was not trying to rub it in anyone's face. Sorry if it offended anyone. Being a Supporter of this site, I sometimes forget that the Pub is not available to everyone.

Let me officially say, I Was Wrong. I said repeatedly I didn't think the 4K Joey was ever going to get Netflix.

In fact, after all the waiting, I'd decided to swap one of my two 4K Joeys for a Joey 2.0 just to see if it was acceptable, in order to get native netflix. I have Chromecasts on all my TVs, but it is just so much nice to not have to switch sources, etc. (and my wife only uses Netflix on the H3 because she has no interest in what she has to do to cast it from her phone or iPad.)

So it gives me great joy to grove and tell Scott and those who said "really, it's coming" - you were right, I was Wrong. I like to eat my crow fried, thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)