FYI Just upgraded my Hopper 1.0 to the New Hopper with Sling

Well, they did actually say they were deliberately slowing it down. I distinctly remember it. Scott can probably confirm.

You're right. Vivek and I believe Scott made the comment that they decided to slow the speed down so users could read the titles. They said it was too fast.

Yup Vivek said they slowed it down as it was a little too fast. He said they planned on doing the same to the new Hopper with Sling as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I agree. Not just on the guide speed, but the overall receiver speed. I was spoiled by how fast my Hoppers were in the early days. After software updates they have been progressively slowing down at times. The 722k seems to be really fast after the most recent update (previous updates had speed issues) so there is hope.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I agree the first day I had my hopper the channel surfing speed was really fast and now not so much. The question is why slow the channel changing down? I can see slowing the scrolling down some but no need to mess with the channel surfing speed. When I called about the new hopper they said 200.00 was a really good deal. Then he offered 50.00 off that. I said nah i will wait awhile and the rep said he would leave the 50.00 off on my account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts