FYI - Sorry!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
In response to the Globecast thread - I know you all have "real jobs". I reported the post at 2:06 - 6 minutes after the OP. The thread went on for just shy of 1 hour. Usually this does not happen so often. I apologize for referring people to you. Fortunatley for me, you are a quick responder and knowledgeable poster (or I would not be enjoying FTA), that is why I mention you. And the fact that you are usually very quick to act upon such post - and I know people do have to work. Will limit the referrals in the future. I again apologize for starting the pages of "BS"

We try to get to them as quick as we can, just so happened we were all in meetings when this happened, but we killed it as soon as we were in front of a PC. :D

Its not a big issue but I was in a meeting for an hour + and PSB is off site for his real job so he isn’t on line. I don’t understand why one of the other mod’s didn’t see it.

But please don’t write “ask iceberg” or stuff like that. I get enough PM from these people the way it is :D

I saw them on my PDA in the meeting. There is one thing missing from our PDA mode and that is the ability to delete / close threads. :)

As long as I have some ears, wrt reporting a spammer, if the spammer posts the spam in multiple posts/forums, is it sufficient to just report one, and the rest will be found by the mod? Or is it worth reporting every instance? TIA.

damaged said:
As long as I have some ears, wrt reporting a spammer, if the spammer posts the spam in multiple posts/forums, is it sufficient to just report one, and the rest will be found by the mod? Or is it worth reporting every instance? TIA.

normally if you report 1 we will see and get the rest (as long as its by the same person).

I can view all posts by a person and delete thenm that way :)

Iceberg said:
normally if you report 1 we will see and get the rest (as long as its by the same person).

I can view all posts by a person and delete thenm that way :)

Ok, thanks, I started to report that one yesterday, I think I did 2 of the 6 or 7 he posted, but saw that a mod had deleted 4 of the 7 before reporting the rest, so I stopped reporting them, eventually they were all gone. Good job whomever that was.

It would be a neat feature to have if the reports were weighted, i.e. if 20 users that have above 500 posts (for example), or Pub members, reported a bad post, the system would ban the user, and maybe even delete the posts, or quarantine them.

Last edited:
I was busy replying on another thread, so I didn't know what was goin on, but I would have loved to respond to thread. Here's a nice pic to use tne next time.

...........................„„„„„„„„_............................................................................
..................../``` /:::::::::::```~,.......... You've just been Banned.
................../:::,/```''''''````-- ,:::\..............................................................
..................|::/ · · · · · · · · ·|::::|....................................................................
...................\| · ·„„„_ - -_„„„ ·|::/..........................................................___.....
...................-|· · ·õ-`|::|‘ -õ· ·|:/|..................................................._-~`` · · · \..
...................|;| · · · / · \ · · · | ;/........................................., ---~`` · ` · · · · , /..
...................`-| · · · ¯ ¯ · · · ·|`......................................./` · · · · · ·_·,·-````'.....
......................\ · ·`¯¯¯¯` ·,,- |,..................................../ · · · · · · /_,,__,,.........
........................`\ · · ¯· /-` / ``~-,.............___........../ · ·'~,,,_· `· · · ·`|· ·\........
.........................| ·-¯¯¯ · /::::::::::::`/``¯/¯::::::::\......./· · · ·· · · ·\ /· · · |· · | \......
.....................,`:| ·/¯¯\`~,/::::::::::::::/::::/::::/¯¯¯¯`-,_,| · · · · · · · |· · · ·/· · ·|·/......
................-~`:::|· /::::::\·/::::::::::::::/::/``::::::::::::::::::/ `-_¯¯``~`¯ /`· · / · · / /.......
....._..-~`/::::::::| ·/:::::::/::::::::::::::/:::::::::::::::::::::::/:\ · ·`-,,--,__/,__/,_, / '.........
.../::::::::/:::::::::|/::::::::/:::::::::::::/:::::::::\::::::::::::::|::::\· ·· ·``~-~--~ ’..................
..|:::::::::|::::::::::|:::::::/:::::::::::::/::::::::::::\:::::::::::::|::::::\ · · · · · /......................
./:\::::::::|::::::::::|::::::/::::::::::::/:::::::::::::::\:::::::::::::\::::::¯¯~~¯|.......................
/:::\:::::::\::::::::::|::::/:::::::::::/:::::::::::::::::::``~-,_,,_______,__,-'........................
::::\::::::::\:::::::::|:::/::::::::::/::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/.............................................
:::::\:::::::::\:::::::|::/:::::::::/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/..............................................
:::::::\:::::::::\:::::|:/:::::::/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/...............................................
:::::::::\:::::::::\:::|::::::/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/................................................
::::::::::|::::::::::\:|::::/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|.................................................
::::::::::|::::::::::::|:/::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\.................................................
::::::::::|::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\................................................
::::::::::|::::::::::::|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\...............................................
::::::::::|::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\..............................................

I am sorry too, guys. I couldn't resist busting his chops and I fell to my urges as being a sarcastic a-hole. I did learn something though, I now know how to report threads of ill repute. I never knew all I had to do was hit that button.

Iceberg said:
although you guys were f**king with him pretty good. I did get a good laugh :)

I missed all the fun. :(

Create a new forum for mods to put things like hack topics that have been banned (not ad spam), instead of deletion, call it something like "Satguys Hall of Shame". ;) (kidding)

Sweet ASCII Art.

jayelem said:
I was busy replying on another thread, so I didn't know what was goin on, but I would have loved to respond to thread. Here's a nice pic to use tne next time.

...........................„„„„„„„„_............................................................................
..................../``` /:::::::::::```~,.......... You've just been Banned.
................../:::,/```''''''````-- ,:::\..............................................................
..................|::/ · · · · · · · · ·|::::|....................................................................
...................\| · ·„„„_ - -_„„„ ·|::/..........................................................___.....
...................-|· · ·õ-`|::|‘ -õ· ·|:/|..................................................._-~`` · · · \..
...................|;| · · · / · \ · · · | ;/........................................., ---~`` · ` · · · · , /..
...................`-| · · · ¯ ¯ · · · ·|`......................................./` · · · · · ·_·,·-````'.....
......................\ · ·`¯¯¯¯` ·,,- |,..................................../ · · · · · · /_,,__,,.........
........................`\ · · ¯· /-` / ``~-,.............___........../ · ·'~,,,_· `· · · ·`|· ·\........
.........................| ·-¯¯¯ · /::::::::::::`/``¯/¯::::::::\......./· · · ·· · · ·\ /· · · |· · | \......
.....................,`:| ·/¯¯\`~,/::::::::::::::/::::/::::/¯¯¯¯`-,_,| · · · · · · · |· · · ·/· · ·|·/......
................-~`:::|· /::::::\·/::::::::::::::/::/``::::::::::::::::::/ `-_¯¯``~`¯ /`· · / · · / /.......
....._..-~`/::::::::| ·/:::::::/::::::::::::::/:::::::::::::::::::::::/:\ · ·`-,,--,__/,__/,_, / '.........
.../::::::::/:::::::::|/::::::::/:::::::::::::/:::::::::\::::::::::::::|::::\· ·· ·``~-~--~ ’..................
..|:::::::::|::::::::::|:::::::/:::::::::::::/::::::::::::\:::::::::::::|::::::\ · · · · · /......................
./:\::::::::|::::::::::|::::::/::::::::::::/:::::::::::::::\:::::::::::::\::::::¯¯~~¯|.......................
/:::\:::::::\::::::::::|::::/:::::::::::/:::::::::::::::::::``~-,_,,_______,__,-'........................
::::\::::::::\:::::::::|:::/::::::::::/::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/.............................................
:::::\:::::::::\:::::::|::/:::::::::/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/..............................................
:::::::\:::::::::\:::::|:/:::::::/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/...............................................
:::::::::\:::::::::\:::|::::::/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/................................................
::::::::::|::::::::::\:|::::/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|.................................................
::::::::::|::::::::::::|:/::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\.................................................
::::::::::|::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\................................................
::::::::::|::::::::::::|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\...............................................
::::::::::|::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\..............................................

Iceberg said:
although you guys were f**king with him pretty good. I did get a good laugh :)

Guess it was the high point for the afternoon for some of us.. I kept hitting my reset button thinking this thread is going to be closed any second.. Especially, after Larry said he paged..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AMC 3 instead of AMC 5 ... what to do?

Im a hacker... ban me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)