G10R and ????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

partyharty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Hello everyone,

I have got my DirecPC dish planted on G10R at the moment however I went to a local junk store and guess what ! ! !

They had another (brand new still in the box) DirecPC Dish. $20 bucks later I was dragging it out the door (they put those in a huge boxs). After figuring out how to put it in the car (I wasn't about to let it sit while I went to get the truck) I drove it home and set it up on my spare "pole in a bucket" (dosen't everyone have spare's :D ). I installed a 2x1 Diseqc switch and now I am ready to go.

So now on to the question part of this message.

Where do I point this one? I am planning on putting a motor on this one (I have a old tv antenna motor at another house that I need to go pickup) but until this happens I need to point it somewhere. I was looking at IA6 (for the various network feeds) but I havent settled on one yet. Is there something usually on these (lyngsat listed) feeds?

We are not really big sports fans (plus we get the Cards on one of the G10R Stations, this is the most "local" team we have).

So what is your 2nd (or mabey 1st) favorite satellite? Why? Which bird will give me the most bang for my buck (other than G10R)

Thanks in advance for your help.

C-Ya
Chris

IA5 was my second choice for the following reasons:

GNF Movies, and international stuff to watch (for fun) and I added a 2nd lnb for KUIL Fox in texas. So with 2 dishes, I had 4 satellites. Then I added a 3rd lnb to the IA5 one, then bought my motor :)

AMC 3 for all the pbs's, but you need an ac-3 audio capable system to enjoy all of them

AMC 3 for all the pbs's, but you need an ac-3 audio capable system to enjoy all of them

Actually I already get 6 different pbs stations (I have a hdtv reciever and it pulls in the digital feeds from a outdoor antenna). I get createTV, AETN, AETN 2, AETN HD and 2 others that I am not sure what they are (mabey AETN Kids?) (but they are on the same channel as AETN just different subchannels).

If it wasnt for that then I would seriously consider setting it for AMC 3.

Thanks,
Chris

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)