Galaxy 16

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Cemguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
I see that Galaxy 16 is at 99 degrees, about half way between Galaxy 25 and AMC 4.

Would another dish and switch be needed to get the FTA channels on this satellite, or could something be done with the existing dual lnb Glorystar setup to receive them?

there are no free KU channels on 99. All the free channels are DCII (Digicipher II) which requires a different receiver

C-Band has some on there (World Harvest, Shepherds Chapel, KCHF) but you need a 6 foot dish

You would need a dish on a motor or a different dish - however look at the "List" above there are no KU FTA transponders on G16.
Bob

Edit:
Looks like Iceberg beat me to the draw!

Last edited:
I understand that a different dish and different type of receiver (Digicipher) would be needed.

I must be missing something about no Ku band channels.

Lyngsat lists the following as free ("F" symbol), with "Ku" in the "beam" column:

Freq. Tp: 11800 H Tp 5
Channel Name: American Life TV Network
Video Encryption: F (Digicipher 2 is listed for the Provider, "Hits Quantum")
SR-FEC SID-VPID: 7 | 206
NID-TID Audio: 603 E
Beam: Ku

Thanks for bearing with me as I learn more about FTA

sadly American Life is fixed key (dang it I think that's it)....yeah its free but you need to subscribe to SOMETHING...doesnt matter what it is...but you have to sub to something to get it

the audio channels are free (open key)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)