Galaxy 25 problems today?

Cemguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
Anyone having problems with Galaxy 25 channels today.

Several times so far, they've all gone to "no signal" for a couple of minutes, then back to normal signal.

AMC 4 channels didn't seem to be affected.

It's a clear, sunny day here and just a slight breeze. Nothing that would seem to affect the dish.

I seem to have lost all my Glorystar again, today, but I am quite sure my problems are not yours. The wind started last night about 6 pm and stayed above 30 mph until about 7:15 pm tonight. (24.5 Hrs). .Wind is now light, at 11 mph.

My dish does not have the braces to the LNB arm so the arm is over east about 3/4 inch again. The last big wind like this, the dish was warped so I had to disassemble it and shake the warp out! My shoulders hurt by the time I got it flat again. Looks like may be the same thing again, too. I don't know if braces would keep it from warping.

Hope it comes back up for you so you can watch it.

It happened about 4 different times yesterday - signal qualities on Galaxy 25 channels to zero for a few minutes then back to normal again. Seems to be ok today, though.

I seem to have lost all my Glorystar again, today, but I am quite sure my problems are not yours. The wind started last night about 6 pm and stayed above 30 mph until about 7:15 pm tonight. (24.5 Hrs). .Wind is now light, at 11 mph.

My dish does not have the braces to the LNB arm so the arm is over east about 3/4 inch again. The last big wind like this, the dish was warped so I had to disassemble it and shake the warp out! My shoulders hurt by the time I got it flat again. Looks like may be the same thing again, too. I don't know if braces would keep it from warping.

Hope it comes back up for you so you can watch it.

FINALLY the wind has died down, tonight. Very cold - a record for the date! But I was able to take the reflector off an check it - over 1 inch of warp. When I took the bolts out of the reflector they cleared the bolt holes. Got the warp out and back together and finally got all but miracle channel back on,but have good sq so may be off the air.

How are you doing?
POP

FINALLY the wind has died down, tonight. Very cold - a record for the date! But I was able to take the reflector off an check it - over 1 inch of warp. When I took the bolts out of the reflector they cleared the bolt holes. Got the warp out and back together and finally got all but miracle channel back on,but have good sq so may be off the air.

How are you doing?
POP

The problem hasn't reocurred for me. All the channels we normally watch have been fine.

It happened to me today while my kids were watching Smile of A Child in the living room and I had SafeTV on in the den.. Gone for a couple minutes. I flipped the channels and none of the Galaxy 25 were coming in. All the AMC4 were fine. After a couple of minutes everything came back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)