Game 7 1960 World Series To Air on MLB Network

hallrk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
A copy of Game 7 of the 1960 World Series has been found. In all places it was in the wine cellar of Bing Crosby. Very interesting story below. Well worth the read if you are interested in classic sports like this. The MLB Network is planning on airing this in December. Now if could find Game 5 of the 1972 NLCS in Bing's wine cellar I would be very happy. :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/24/sports/baseball/24crosby.html?_r=2&hp

Yankees again??? Jeez, it's always the Yankees or the Red Sox on TV. Don't they know we want to see other teams come out of the cellars? ;)

Sandra

I agree

When they showed the 65 All Star Game it was awesome. They left all the quirks in it
-jumpy picture
-black and white
-they even left some of the commercials in :)

MLB Net ROCKS!

I agree

When they showed the 65 All Star Game it was awesome. They left all the quirks in it
-jumpy picture
-black and white
-they even left some of the commercials in :)

MLB Net ROCKS!

Yes that was great to see that game. Maybe they can find some commericals from 1960 to throw in for this one too.

I might tune in for the last at bat. Or I might not, since I've alreaady seen it.

Classic Sports demonstrated that we are even less interested in watching whole "classic" games than we are in watching whole live games. That's why that channel fares better when it acts as a rebroadcast channel for instant classics.

If anyone ever finds a film of Wilt Chamberlain scoring 100 points in a single game, I'll watch that.

yeah but this one where they lose! Well worth watching.....;)
And one where the losing team of the series outscored the winning team by a bunch.

Yankees scored 55 runs in 7 games (nearly 8 runs per game)
Pirates scored 27 runs (less than 4 runs per game)

Yet the Pirates won in 7

Yankees again??? Jeez, it's always the Yankees or the Red Sox on TV....

And today, with the Padres jostling with Atlanta and San Francisco for a playoff spot, my local Fox affiliate is carrying the Red Sox/Yankees game rather than San Diego/Cinncinnati. So far, the non-Yankee fans are being rewarded with a John Lester no-hitter through five. If Lester can throw a shutout today and finish the season with his 20th win next week, he'll be right in the thick of the Cy Young Award voting.

And today, with the Padres jostling with Atlanta and San Francisco for a playoff spot, my local Fox affiliate is carrying the Red Sox/Yankees game rather than San Diego/Cinncinnati. So far, the non-Yankee fans are being rewarded with a John Lester no-hitter through five. If Lester can throw a shutout today and finish the season with his 20th win next week, he'll be right in the thick of the Cy Young Award voting.
Where are you located? We got the Padres and Reds here.

Yet another reason why I am canceling EI and getting MLB.TV instead, next year

DodgerKing said:
Where are you located? We got the Padres and Reds here.

Yet another reason why I am canceling EI and getting MLB.TV instead, next year

MLB.tv has the same blackout restrictions related to the fox game of the week and Sunday night baseball. (unless you're not in the us and then those national blackouts don't apply)

Interesting . I've collected home movies of people going to sporting events for years. It makes me laugh at how they dressed. Hats and suits. Nothing like today. Most of the stuff I get is from the 1960's and 1970's and they don't have sound. Still, It's interesting to look at a family driving to Boston and going to a game. Believe it or not some people just throw the home movies away thinking they can't watch them again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts