Game finder says "game data is limited"

grc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2019
USA
When I use Game Finder my Hopper 3 just sits there and spins. To the right of the screen there's a yellow exclamation mark and "Game data is limited. Please connect to the internet."

I checked the internet connect and it says all is good. I can use the voice remote feature and it works fine.

Is anyone else seeing this?

When I use Game Finder my Hopper 3 just sits there and spins. To the right of the screen there's a yellow exclamation mark and "Game data is limited. Please connect to the internet."

I checked the internet connect and it says all is good. I can use the voice remote feature and it works fine.

Is anyone else seeing this?
I just tried this on my Hopper Duo. I get the same thing you saw, plus a pop-up in the middle of the screen:
"Temporarily Unavailable 001
Sorry, Game Finder is temporarily unavailable. There is no need to call us, we are actively working on fixing the issue as soon as possible."

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I just tried this on my Hopper Duo. I get the same thing you saw, plus a pop-up in the middle of the screen:
"Temporarily Unavailable 001
Sorry, Game Finder is temporarily unavailable. There is no need to call us, we are actively working on fixing the issue as soon as possible."

Thanks. Knowing that it's a bug and not just something with my DVR helps.

I just checked my Hopper2 /Sling and the headlines app is working fine for me.
Yeah, it works on my Hopper Duo, too. (with limited functionality, since my Hopper Duo is deactivated)
This problem seems to be specific to either the Wally, or to Eastern Arc. Also, this happened a couple of days ago, and I have not checked with my sister to see if it ever got fixed.

At this point, the game data is actually limited, isn't it?
I was going to say the same thing when I read the first post. I have been seeing that yellow exclamation mark (and message) for months. To be fair, some times I check Game Finder immediately after rebooting my Hopper Duo, so it may not have actually reacquired the internet connection yet. However, today with Application Software version AN436 (and Game Finder Config Version 1.18.12) it appears to be working correctly now. There are a bunch of soccer games listed there. The Multi-Sport ad still states "Over 35 channels of your favorite sports networks" even though it is now abundantly clear that the Sinclair-owned Fox Sports Net stations are never coming back.

I was going to say the same thing when I read the first post. I have been seeing that yellow exclamation mark (and message) for months. To be fair, some times I check Game Finder immediately after rebooting my Hopper Duo, so it may not have actually reacquired the internet connection yet. However, today with Application Software version AN436 (and Game Finder Config Version 1.18.12) it appears to be working correctly now. There are a bunch of soccer games listed there. The Multi-Sport ad still states "Over 35 channels of your favorite sports networks" even though it is now abundantly clear that the Sinclair-owned Fox Sports Net stations are never coming back.
It's back up now with baseball.:)

Reactions: Tampa8
Not working on my Joey3 attached to Hopper 3. Using voice button it won't come up at all. If I go in through the Apps icon in settings, I get a line of 7 animated square boxes going across the screen. Been this way for 5 minutes.

Very frustrating since sports are actually restarting!

Not working on my Joey3 attached to Hopper 3. Using voice button it won't come up at all. If I go in through the Apps icon in settings, I get a line of 7 animated square boxes going across the screen. Been this way for 5 minutes.

Very frustrating since sports are actually restarting!
Working just fine on my Hopper Duo. It also works just fine through Dish Home on my ViP222k. (I thought I would point that out, since most models of ViP receivers that I have used do not have the Game Finder app at all. ViP222k is the exception.) :)

While it is working on my Hopper 3 I have the same behavior on my Joey 3.
I finally got my Hopper 3 working by doing a partial reset (keep DVR and timers, download fresh software and go through setup) but my Joey3 still won't work. I rebooted the Joey3 several times but no improvement. When I have time I will message Dish about it because it's very frustrating.

I finally got my Hopper 3 working by doing a partial reset (keep DVR and timers, download fresh software and go through setup) but my Joey3 still won't work. I rebooted the Joey3 several times but no improvement. When I have time I will message Dish about it because it's very frustrating.
If you had just completed a fresh software download on the Hopper, it may take awhile for the Joey to update its software version. Both the Hopper and Joey have to be left in standby (with nothing recording, and no other activity) for at least a half-hour (maybe longer) and then the Joey will update its software, if there is a new Joey software version available.

If you had just completed a fresh software download on the Hopper, it may take awhile for the Joey to update its software version. Both the Hopper and Joey have to be left in standby (with nothing recording, and no other activity) for at least a half-hour (maybe longer) and then the Joey will update its software, if there is a new Joey software version available.

You were right. Finally game finder is working. But using the voice function would not bring it up. I had to press the home button twice, go into apps, then pick game finder. Then it loaded.
I had tried home/home yesterday and trying to load gf that way and it didn't work yesterday. Maybe in a few days the voice function will work?

Unbelievable...

Reactions: pattykay
You were right. Finally game finder is working. But using the voice function would not bring it up. I had to press the home button twice, go into apps, then pick game finder. Then it loaded.
I had tried home/home yesterday and trying to load gf that way and it didn't work yesterday. Maybe in a few days the voice function will work?

Unbelievable...
Maybe it was the minor update to the Application Software version they did in the meantime that fixed it for you. Earlier in the thread, I reported Application Software version AN436. The current version is now AN436a. I am glad that you got Game Finder working again. :)

Unbelievable...
You c an set the diamond or double-diamond key, if you have a 52 or 54 series remote to open Game Finder. or like I have, go right to all your apps

Reactions: pattykay
You c an set the diamond or double-diamond key, if you have a 52 or 54 series remote to open Game Finder. or like I have, go right to all your apps
I am sure you already knew this, but just to clarify for others: on the 52 remote, those buttons are not as clearly labeled as "diamond" buttons like they are on the 54-series remotes, but the customizable buttons are located in the same place where the diamond buttons would be. (Lower-left corner and lower-right corner of the remote)

Reactions: HipKat
Maybe it was the minor update to the Application Software version they did in the meantime that fixed it for you. Earlier in the thread, I reported Application Software version AN436. The current version is now AN436a. I am glad that you got Game Finder working again. :)
Funny that the app started working again when actual games became available. Coincidence?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)